Bluetooth - music will stop playing when the screen turns off

imso3k

• Poweramp build number - 859
  • your device model - OnePlus 6T
  • your Android version - Android 10.3.0
  • Car model - Toyota Corolla 2019

So I've noticed something really strange, if I start driving for example from home to point B the music works normally, but when I start driving back home, this is when the problem starts

I connect to the car BT as always and after about 2-5 minutes, the music suddenly starts to sound choppy for 5 seconds and then it stops and resumes only when I turn on my phone's screen (without unlocking) and from here it will start doing the same choppy to no music routine but immediately after I turn off my screen, without that 2-5 minutes delay. when the screen is left on, the music will play normally.

I don't really know where the issue lies, since I bought the car (which has Android firmware as well) at the same time I got the Android Q update, but when I tried playing music from iTube which works with downloaded files, the music worked fine.

If player is not killed (on next start you don't see message about Poweramp being killed and playback resumes from mid-track), this is out of player scope. If you recently updated ROM, I would suggest re-pairing BT device to update descriptors. Some users get good results by changing BT AVRCP version in Developer settings. Thanks!

Archived