Jump to content
Prekratic

Scale bug

Recommended Posts

In "Folder Hierarchy" I have two folders that contains music. When I scale folder view to (for example) "Grid - Small" and when I open the folder and scale folder/song view (for example) to  "List - Compact" I will view songs in this view, but when I re-open Poweramp, folder views will be reseted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've checked Folders Hierarchy and I agree there is something strange with maintaining the view layouts. You don't even need to exit the app to see it, just switch to normal Folders view and then go back to Folders Hierarchy and it seems to get set to different List View settings than before (sometimes at both the songs level and the folders level). @maxmp could you take a look at this?

Andre 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the report.

I don't think there is any issue with folders hierarchy, as this all hierarchy has one scale level. You can't zoom first level to one value and expect other levels in different level. This is not folders -> files, but folders+files on each level type of list with the uniform scale everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that the view mode is not sticking once changed. When you leave that view and go back again later, it's set differently.

The lowest songs/files level is meant to have its own separate List Options setting isn't it? i.e. songs level can have a different List View compared to the one setting for all the folders/subfolders above it.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 4:58 PM, maxmp said:

I don't think there is any issue with folders hierarchy, as this all hierarchy has one scale level.

I've just got my head around this one, please call me stupid. :)

In Folders mode there is a clear difference between the 'folders' level and the 'files' level (just like Albums, etc).

However in Folders Hierarchy mode, just like in any folder/files directory structure, you can have both folders and files at any drill-down level. Even your main root folder might contain some music files alongside some folders. Thus every drill-down level is the same in terms of both its sort order and view type. My own music collection doesn't have any files saved at the same level as folders, so I just forgot this very obvious possibility.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folders Hierarchy category has only one set of List Options (which covers both its sorting order and the scalable view type). In this category there is no concept of upper 'folders only' layer and a final 'files/songs' level at the bottom of the drill-down layers. Any level can contain both music files and folders/subfolders.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Prekratic said:

@andrewilley Too bad. :(

Why?After what Max reminded us above, I can't really see any other way to do it, given that any level (from the topmost, to 10+ folders deep) could contain both folders and files. How would you suggest differentiating between those layers for the purposes of sorting/viewing? Currently, PA should remember any List Options changes that you make, applying those to all layers of Folders Hierarchy from now on.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Why?After what Max reminded us above, I can't really see any other way to do it, given that any level (from the topmost, to 10+ folders deep) could contain both folders and files. How would you suggest differentiating between those layers for the purposes of sorting/viewing? Currently, PA should remember any List Options changes that you make, applying those to all layers of Folders Hierarchy from now on.

Andre

I don't know, but I only using folder hierarchy due to better organisation of files. I have selected two storages (internal/music, sdcard/music). On internal storage I have flac files, all properly tagged, and on sd card I have unorganized mp3/wav/flac files. Folder hierarchy is good way for me to view selected storage with music without to deselect sdcard/music in scanning option...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what exactly are you saying the problem is, perhaps I have misunderstood? There is only one 'List Options' menu for the whole of Folders Hierarchy any all levels, and if you change the view type, or sorting mode, at any drilling-down depth, that new setting should be enabled for all of Folders Hierarchy - and it should remain so if you exit and restart the app.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

So what exactly are you saying the problem is, perhaps I have misunderstood? There is only one 'List Options' menu for the whole of Folders Hierarchy any all levels, and if you change the view type, or sorting mode, at any drilling-down depth, that new setting should be enabled for all of Folders Hierarchy - and it should remain so if you exit and restart the app.

Andre

Yes, but, I would like that album folders have "grid - small" scale and in album folder that contain songs I would like to have "list - compact" without to rescale everytime I open the folder...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But that's the whole point - in Folders Hierarchy mode, there is no such thing as having an 'albums only' folder at the upper level, nor a 'songs only' folder at the bottom. As with any file system's directory structure - which is what you are viewing in this mode - any folder can potentially contain some files, some folders, or a mixture of both files and folders. So they all need to be dealt with in effectively the same way. To see this, try putting some music files inside one of your 'upper level' folders; you will see them shown as songs along with any other subfolders that the folder might also contain.

The only way to avoid that is to flatten the list structure (i.e. use plain Folders mode) where folders can only show file contents, not any other folders, because all of the subfolders are displayed in their own right elsewhere in the flattened list.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The only way to avoid that is to flatten the list structure (i.e. use plain Folders mode) where folders can only show file contents, not any other folders, because all of the subfolders are displayed in their own right elsewhere in the flattened list.

Andre

Can you tell me how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Prekratic said:

Can you tell me how?

Just just select Folders category instead of Folders Hierarchy from the main Library Categories screen., which will show you a flattened list of all folders (i.e. all of the displayed folders contain files only, no subfolders). 

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Just just select Folders category instead of Folders Hierarchy from the main Library Categories screen., which will show you a flattened list of all folders (i.e. all of the displayed folders contain files only, no subfolders). 

Andre

Yes but this will show me all folders which I don't want. I know that I can simply uncheck folder to unscan but I want something like where you can view two seperate storages, like internal memory and SD card. As I already mentioned, on sdcard/music I have untagged songs in mp3/wav/flac/aac... and on internal memory I have tagged songs. I listen to songs on both storages but I want to have my library with tagged songs to be only showed.

You can install UAPP and see that you have option to play your library from whatever storage, but if you select only internal memory with one or few folders with music files, you have option to see music also from SD card. I don't know if this can be done in Poweramp, but folder hierarchy is close to this, only scaling is problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't have different view types for different storage locations at the same time. Your selected Library Category will show you the whole of your song collection - as determined by your choices in the Music Folders menu - with whatever view type and sorting options you decide. As you say, the closest to what you want is Folders Hierarchy, but in that mode there is necessarily only one 'List Options' setting for the contents of all of the folders, subfolders and files.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You can't have different view types for different storage locations at the same time. Your selected Library Category will show you the whole of your song collection - as determined by your choices in the Music Folders menu - with whatever view type and sorting options you decide. As you say, the closest to what you want is Folders Hierarchy, but in that mode there is necessarily only one 'List Options' setting for the contents of all of the folders, subfolders and files.

Andre

I found good solution - creating m3u8 files. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Prekratic said:

I found good solution - creating m3u8 files. ;)

A bit clunky if the folder contents change regularly, but otherwise should be a decent work-around.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

A bit clunky if the folder contents change regularly, but otherwise should be a decent work-around.

Andre

And is there an option to hide .m3u8 in playlist name in Poweramp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prekratic said:

And is there an option to hide .m3u8 in playlist name in Poweramp?

No, if it's an M3U8 file, it will show as such. The only way to not show playlist filenames is to generate them internally in PA rather than loaded from a file. e.g. long-press on a folder in PA and tap 'Add to Playlist', give it a name, and then all of the songs from that folder will be added to a new internal (not backed up on storage) playlist.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

No, if it's an M3U8 file, it will show as such. The only way to not show playlist filenames is to generate them internally in PA rather than loaded from a file. e.g. long-press on a folder in PA and tap 'Add to Playlist', give it a name, and then all of the songs from that folder will be added to a new internal (not backed up on storage) playlist.

Andre

So, playlist generated in Poweramp will not create file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Prekratic said:

So, playlist generated in Poweramp will not create file?

Correct. You can Export the playlists that you crested within the app though, if you want physical backup copies (for example to use on a different device, or in case the app database ever crashes, etc).

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Correct. You can Export the playlists that you crested within the app though, if you want physical backup copies (for example to use on a different device, or in case the app database ever crashes, etc).

Andre

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...