Option to turn of that queue list

kevinj

One thing that has been bothering me since I first bought Poweramp (8 years ago?) is that damn Queue list thing. It never seemed practical to me and I always find me bothered by the way it works. You're playing music and want to add something to the list, and it starts a queue list and jumps to that list and then jumps back and what not.

I would love to see an option to get rid of that whole queue list thing and just make the "now playing" list dynamical like all other music players in the world. That would make the app so much more enjoyable and a lot less frustrating and complicated.

If you don't like the Queue, don't use it. No one is forcing you to, you can just listen in any of the more than a dozen different category options, or using playlists, in whatever sorting order you wish. 

However if you ever want to queue up a few specific tracks (and you don't want to make a playlist) then that's what it is for, before returning you to your normal playback mode.

http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/1930270-what-is-the-difference-between-categories-play

Andre

If you want to add a few different songs for one-off playing (i.e. temporarily switching away from your normal listening mode) then that is exactly what the Queue is for.

Once all of your queued songs are finished, playback will revert back to whatever you were previously listening to. Or if you'd prefer playback to just stop after the enqueued songs are done, select the 'Stay in Queue' option in Settings > Library > Queue > On Queue End.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

If I understand correctly, he wants an option to make the current list play to completion before starting the queue. I would actually also like to see that, as I often think of something more I want to listen to after completing the currently playing album. As of right now, the only way to do that is to queue the rest of the current list/album and then queue whatever I want to play after.

I seem to recall this behavior being available in PA v2?

1 hour ago, SHARD said:

If I understand correctly, he wants an option to make the current list play to completion before starting the queue. 

I seem to recall this behavior being available in PA v2?

I don't think that was the OP's request in this case, but yes you are correct that 'Start Queue After Current List' (now Category) was indeed one of the three Queue Mode options in Poweramp v2. It somehow got missed out during the v3 re-code, but a lot of people would like to see it back again, it's quite a common request.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I don't think that was the OP's request in this case, but yes you are correct that 'Start Queue After Current List' (now Category) was indeed one of the three Queue Mode options in Poweramp v2. It somehow got missed out during the v3 re-code, but a lot of people would like to see it back again, it's quite a common request.

Andre

Agree, Start Queue after current list should be reinstated.

Archived