[Solved] No volume change by earphone´s remote in lock screen on LG V30

jofland

Running Poweramp and beeing on my lock screen I cannot change the volume by the earphone´s remote. Play/pause and skip (double click) works very well. If I double click volume up or down it triggers LG´s special features (camera and notepad). Same misbehavior when using the hardware buttons on the left side of my phone. Tried different earphones.

With unlocked phone and on android's home screen the volume buttons change the ring tone's volume.

With unlocked phone and onscreen Poweramp the remote works very well and changes the earphone's volume.

Anybody else with this problem? Any hint to solve this?

Phone: LG V30; LG-H930; Rev.1.1

Android 9; Kernel 4.4.153

Poweramp: v3-build-853-arm64-play [853004-eab856f2]

DVC is "Direct Volume Control", in which Poweramp bypasses much of a device's manufacturer-installed audio processing features in order to provide a more direct and cleaner audio path. However this can cause issues on some devices, hence the option to disable it and use the device's regular output methods if you need to.

Andre

There is a second issue:

I start Poweramp with sampling rate 44100. Logcat shows that on Hi-Res output (option "Kein DVC" disabled) the sampling rate switches to android default 48000 Hz by pressing pause on the remote. It does not switch back to 44100 on resuming / play.

I think it should stay on 44100 or at least switch back to it.

Logcat output:

<<< log_count = 3 >>>
[12-22 10:37:33.087 712:18309 I/audio_hw_lge]
lge_get_max_samplerate_for_current_backend sample rate = 44100 backend = 6 mqa_enable = 0, active_mqa_offload = 0

[12-22 10:37:40.139 712:1585 I/audio_hw_lge]
lge_get_max_samplerate_for_current_backend sample rate = 48000 backend = 6 mqa_enable = 0, active_mqa_offload = 0

[12-22 10:37:43.400 712:1585 I/audio_hw_lge]
lge_get_max_samplerate_for_current_backend sample rate = 48000 backend = 6 mqa_enable = 0, active_mqa_offload = 0

5 hours ago, maxmp said:

Try enabling Settings / Audio / Advanced Tweaks / Emulate Media Stream (for Hi-Res output).

This option will be enabled for LG for Poweramp builds 856+.

RE: volume on lockscreen: Actually this is quite typical for Chinese brands - not to test hi-res output in all scenarios - too bad to see this in LG firmwares.

Thanks, this option works for me. Now I can change the volume with my headset on lock screen.

When will build 856 be available on playstore?

Is there any side effect with this option?

Archived