Bit Perfect Mode!

Larethio

Poweramp's UI is vastly superior to any other players. But i had to move on UAPP as it has Bit Perfect Mode as any true audiophile player should despite its inferior UI. So its not impossible. Why such a low priority? Its literally the only flaw of this app. Makes the Hi-Res option pointless.

• 4 weeks later...

Seconded... there really NEEDS to be an option to dispense with the resampling nonsense on hardware that supports high resolution audio natively. Poweramp is head-and-shoulders above EVERY other Android app in terms of design and usability.  Please, please, PLEASE consider taking this amazing software to the very top of the field!

@maxmp This would be ideal in a case using USB-DAC as a source with outboard amplifiers. I use this both at home with a Pioneer/Elite receiver with a built-in USB-DAC input, as well as in my car using a 24bit/192kHz capable USB-C to analog out as an input to the factory system. Both could take advantage of 100% volume and no internal tone/EQ. In both cases, I currently have to adjust the volume to maximum every time I connect because Android Pie automatically lowers the volume "for my protection."

18 hours ago, maxmp said:

What is the output device you're trying to use? Bit perfect means 100% volume and volume control outside Android device and resampling is not the main issue here.

@maxmp For example, the iBasso DX-160. Resampling IS the main issue: such devices are perfectly capable of playing DSD audio or any other formats/sample rates via their hardware... and we see support for such hardware in apps like Neutron, Hiby and UAPP but none... NONE of those apps are anywhere near as polished, UI-specifically, as Poweramp. Would be VERY grateful if you could look into supporting such devices in such a manner.

• 2 months later...
On 3/15/2020 at 10:30 PM, Larethio said:

Back to UAPP again

same for me too, on my FIIO M6 Poweramp would give the best UI but can't provide the same quiality sound output as UAPP or FIIO Music - both of which output at the source bitrate without resampling etc..

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 5:28 AM, maxmp said:

Right, this mostly will work with number of USB DACs only. No way it will work properly across Android devices/built in dacs or Bluetooth.

Were if that the case, I think it is ok to have it as a function. As Hiby Music also only accept bit perfect with usb dac, and it is also free.

By the way Ibasso daps has a mod to trick the system internal dac as usb dac just to have uapp and hiby music bit perfect to work also.

Edited by Banbeucmas

• 1 year later...

Bumping this as I agree with the above sentiments. Poweramp is by far the best looking and most intuitive music player out there, but this option is sorely missing. And it really should be an option, it would be a detriment to no one and a huge boon to those that use dongle DACs and can take advantage of it.