Playlist as searchable file and other playlist issues

Apostata

Hi all,

I'm trying to bounce my Poweramp-generated playlist to my receiver (via BubbleUPnP) and I don't understand how Poweramp creates a playlist, because some of them I can find on my Android phone, and some cannot be found at all but clearly exist in Poweramp, and others seem to contain less tracks than when I view them in Poweramp. Can anyone point me to an answer?  Thanks!

15 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Internal (user created) Playlists exist within a local database, not in a file per se. You can however export a copy of any such internal playlists to physical (M3U8) files using Settings > Library > Playlists > Export  Poweramp Playlists.   

Andre

Thanks, Andre. Quick question: as I make changes to a playlist that has been exported within Poweramp will those changes express themselves in the exported file, or would I need to do that manually? Thanks again.

Export is a one-off process and it creates external files.

If you place those exported files into a location that PA can scan, they will be re-imported (resulting in two versions visible in your Playlists category, unless you remove the original internal one).

Local edits didn't used to alter physical files, but recent updates to PA now support that. Personally though, I would also be tempted to keep a backup copy too as sometimes re-writing playlist files multiple times has been known to cause corruption. 

Andre

Archived