Google Maps "Show media playback controls" support

thei

Google Maps has a "Show media playback controls" option under "Navigation settings". When I try to enable it, it says "No media apps available" because Poweramp is not a supported app in this scenario.

I don't know if this is something you can do, or if it's something Google Maps has to implement... but if it's something you can support, that'd be great!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As of now I can see that youtube music, Google play music and Spotify can be aded as music player in Google Maps but I am not seeing Poweramp in the list. It would be really good feature to allow Poweramp to be added in Google maps. 

Thanks 

Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 12.19.07 PM.png

what is the update on this feature  request ?

@andrewilley Please check the above snap which I have shared. The idea behind is, when we are using navigation we have an option to play music from there itself and also can do some operations such as next previous or playlist. something like that.

This is currently possible via Google Play Music, Youtube Music and Spotify as well. 

for more information you can refer this:

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-maps-now-supports-youtube-music-playback-controls/

35 minutes ago, Pankajk5 said:

@andrewilley Please check the above snap which I have shared. The idea behind is, when we are using navigation we have an option to play music from there itself and also can do some operations such as next previous or playlist. something like that.

This is currently possible via Google Play Music, Youtube Music and Spotify as well. 

for more information you can refer this:

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-maps-now-supports-youtube-music-playback-controls/

Screenshot_20201214-194131.jpg

Screenshot_20201214-194120.jpg

@Pankajk5 You are not listening. No one is saying that this wouldn't be a nice feature. Max is telling you that he would happily support it, but that it cannot be done unless Google adds Poweramp to its closed internal list of supported apps. So you need to ask the developers of Google Maps now, not here.

Andre

Archived