PowerAMP v2.0 beta 3

maxmp

Are you talking about when switching from track to track, using the media volume buttons, or using the PA volume "knob"? If the first, it could be how replay gain and PA are interacting. Try ripping some tracks where you're seeing this issue, but without RG and see what happens.

using the media volume rocker or the PA volume knob. getting this also with everything dsp wise turned off in PA as well.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

andrewilley

Beta 3 has file deletion temporarily disabled - i.e. there is debug key activated which skips actual file deletion.

efeigenbaum

If you play folder via Play command in folder context menu in a list - it will set repeat to autoadvance. You can just enter the folder and press first song - this won't change repeat mode.

Hey Max. Thanks for addressing the multiple disk issue I was having with Beta 2. Tested it, and so far so good. I have a small bug report, and a quick feature request/suggestion for either the final release or a 2.x update:

Playlist Bugs:

Playlists are now appearing as [playlist name].m3u, and I don't think they did this in 1.4. Could you provide an option to not display the playlist filename extension in library mode?

Additionally, on all of the playlists, before the first time I open them, it displays "not loaded yet" instead of the total number of tracks contained within the playlist, as it used to do. After opening any given playlist in the library viewer, it will then list the total number of tracks if I go back to the Playlists list.

As far as the feature request, would it be possible to include a total play time for lists on the library viewer, player, widget, lock screen?

It could list the sum of all the track times in the album, playlist, or other list you're currently listening to. It would be a nice companion to the track counter that was recently added. On the player screen, it could appear at the bottom of the screen in place of the metadata.

Thanks, and kudos again on the best smartphone media player around.

-zeff

Issues:

1) Some wv albums with embedded cue files have been broken into tracks, some have not (erase and rescan did not help)

2) Very few album covers appear as thumbnails of the "folders" in the library

Requests:

1) Please please add the support for custom grouping patterns in library based on tags (meaning virtual folders of the format %tag1%\%tag2%\%tag3%\...\%tagN%). The very least is to add fixed grouping by "%album artist%\%album%" tag in the "List options".

2) Allow custom sort for each of the above mentioned folders. For example if ii choose the grouping according to "%tag1t%\%tag2%" allow to choose choose sorting by %tag3% for the first folder and sorting by %tag4% for the second folder. At the very least allow sorting albums by date, not the name.

I had another app freeze last night, same as before - I left my phone with poweramp as the current app, but paused with the screen turned off. Woke up this morning and I had a "Force Close" / "Wait" message when I checked the phone. I did a Force Close. Is there any debug info I can get for you (I have the debug mode turned on, but it has not offered to send anything).

Andre

I've noticed a little bug.

When I'm listening to music, if I play around with my device like selecting options (like pressing menu then search for example) volume gets high for a second and then it comes back to setted level.

Whan is concerning me is this bug affects me only sometimes.

Does anybody have the same issue?

The album art i have stored in a folder, doesnt match up to the actual album. Sometimes i will see a cover being used for an album that already has its own. Seems like its randomly selecting album art from any folder. When i open Poweramp, the artwork matches the album, i scroll thru the albums and go back, the artwork is out of order.

Example, this first pic is what its supposed to look like (sorry for the large pics)

DBMJPl.jpg

this is how it looks after i scroll down, and then scroll back up, notice the artwork doesnt match anymore

dPA13l.jpg

The album art i have stored in a folder, doesnt match up to the actual album. Sometimes i will see a cover being used for an album that already has its own. Seems like its randomly selecting album art from any folder. When i open Poweramp, the artwork matches the album, i scroll thru the albums and go back, the artwork is out of order.

Example, this first pic is what its supposed to look like (sorry for the large pics)

<large pics removed>

this is how it looks after i scroll down, and then scroll back up, notice the artwork doesnt match anymore

Did you try clearing any cached data via Settings/Advanced/Folders-Library Scanner/Erase and Rescan? I had some funky cover art stuff going on until I did this.

Sometimes i will see a cover being used for an album that already has its own. Seems like its randomly selecting album art from any folder. When i open poweramp, the artwork matches the album, i scroll thru the albums and go back, the artwork is out of order.

Technically, this can happen if you have pretty large number of folders (>120), thus in-memory album art cache is invalidated when you're scrolling and new covers are being resolved. Generally, such cover resolution should result in exactly the same album art, unless file system sorts files differently for each cover resolution.

For 33 folders, like in your screenshot, all images will be loaded once into memory and shouldn't change, still, they can change if you have download album art enabled. PowerAMP will download album art for albums and this can also affect folder thumbnails.

Thanks for the new release! Keep up the great work! Ive been promoting Poweramp to all my friends :)

Bug found: Went to playlist, played a 50 Cent song, then went to the same playlist and added six songs to the queue, once I returned to the queue it had album art for Amber Pacific (one of the bands I had just added to the queue). This issue was present in the Beta 2 as well.

The queue issue I reported on for beta 1 and 2 is still present in my opinion. In version 1.4 it looks as though everytime you added a new song to the queue the play counter would compensate for the songs that had been played and would designate the current track as number 1. In example, lets say Im play a queue thats 7 songs long and the counter displays 3/7, I then add two songs to the queue and go back to the player view. The counter, in version 1.4 would read 1/6 or something similar. The main issue Ive been griping about is that the player doesnt realize that the already played songs should now be unplayable. Sorry if I sound like a broken record. Thanks again!

khg002

Thanks for the report. Though I can't reproduce any issues with album art + queue, I'll keep this in bug tracker.

As for queue counter, yes, it will behave differently as PowerAMP 2.0 library, queue, folders is a completely new code, but I think the current behavior is more correct.

If you enable Return to queue option, PowerAMP will return to first non played track from the queue as it did it in PowerAMP v1.4. Same is true for Start Playing Queue => Immediately. Also played items are tracked by the queue with different title coloring in the queue list.

khg002

Thanks for the report. Though I can't reproduce any issues with album art + queue, I'll keep this in bug tracker.

As for queue counter, yes, it will behave differently as Poweramp 2.0 library, queue, folders is a completely new code, but I think the current behavior is more correct.

If you enable Return to queue option, Poweramp will return to first non played track from the queue as it did it in Poweramp v1.4. Same is true for Start Playing Queue => Immediately. Also played items are tracked by the queue with different title coloring in the queue list.

I went back and selected all the recommended settings and nothing helped. Ignoring the counter altogether, if i create a six song queue and then listen to three of the them, then go into the queue list and select a unplayed song that is not grayed out, the queue will then start completely over and go all the way through every song on the queue, regardless of whether or not its been played yet.

Archived