Stuttering when app’s on background

macplash

I recently updated my phone to MIUI 11, but I can’t confirm this bug wasn’t there some time before that. I never had this issue before. I’m using Poweramp for years. When I turn off the screen or put Poweramp to the background, song starts to stutter significantly. And I mean every couple of seconds, randomly. The moment I bring Poweramp on top and start listening with screen turned on, playback is fine. Doesn’t matter if it’s phone speaker or headphones btw.

I’m using Poweramp v3 build 853 arm64 with Full version unlocker addon 3 build 301. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Try a different output method, or increase the buffer size for your chosen method (in Settings > Audio > Output). It could also be that your device is not allowing Poweramp enough priority when it is in the background. If it was only when the screen was off, I'd say to also check that PA is set an an exception in any power saving plan.

Andre

@andrewilley wow, I’m impressed. Different output method solved the issue. Specifically, switching from OpenSL ES Output (native optimized output) to AudioTrack Output (Java based output). As I said, I’ve been using Poweramp for years and never had this issue. I didn’t even know this app has such detailed setting options. Thank you very much for your help! 

Archived