Chromecast on Android TV no sound no cover

Doc_KryToX

Hello, 

Yesterday my dad found out that you can stream via chromecast on Android TV (in my case Sony 2019 model). 

He has a Samsung Galaxy A70 with Android 10 and Poweramp 853

I have a Galaxy S9+ with android 8.0 and had the old Poweramp design build because i liked the design more and of course the chromecast was not available there. 

So updated to 853 beta through playstore and when i stream through chromecast there is no cover and no sound coming. I didn't change anything in the chromecast settings and even reinstalled Poweramp with stock settings it didn't work

Does it not work on Android 8.0?

Thanks in advance 

PicsArt_11-24-03.25.53.jpg

It should work on Android 8 as far as I know. There are some settings you can try in Settings>Audio>Output>Chromecast. What version of Chromecast does your TV run (some pre-installed versions can be quite old).

By the way, how did he get Android 10 on a Galaxy A70? The only one I know of is LineageOS 17.0, but that's definitely very beta.

Andre

I don't know where i can check the chromecast version on the TV. Will try tomorrow. My mistake he has a A50 and I'm pretty sure about Android 10 since he has black Instagram and black OS

I forced Poweramp to send cover through chromecast but it still doesn't appear just like the music 

Archived