Support for Font files

Luucas

Yes, but then you need also be able to set font sizes for specific text fields. Track and artist/ album would be a different size to say audio metadata, track counters or button labels for example.

I guess this is where skins come in. I have implemented a number of nice fonts with the ability to set font size for certain groups of text

28 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

Yes, but then you need also be able to set font sizes for specific text fields.

That was why I suggested a scaling value instead of a specific font size, so you could say (for example) that the chosen font should be displayed 15% smaller than normal across all text fields. Being able to set sizes individually across all text fields would be great of course, and is a quite commonly requested feature, but I suspect might involve more work in the settings interface, not to mention requiring  more dynamic scaling of the text boxes too.

Andre

@andrewilley, scaling does not quite work, my earlier skins were applying this technique. Scaled text fields did not line up properly eg centred text scaled up say 10% would not show as centred. Applying fonts resolves this. In any case as long as enough size options are made available, scaling is no longer needed. You still need to be able to set different text fields to different sizes.

On 11/24/2019 at 5:27 AM, andrewilley said:

It certainly would be nice to be able to select fonts (and perhaps size scaling too, as different fonts can display at different actual sizes) directly within the main app, so that it applies to the default or other skins.

Andre

I fully agree, I was just weighing in changing font, but your idea It got better.

Archived