Car Remote steering function

Herdayu

I bought Poweramp app for the full version and i think this app is great but one thing is troubled me that there's no remote steering function/features on this app so i can't skip the song whenever i'm driving and i think it's important enough and i have searched on internet about this and i found that a lot of people has this issue on their android car headunit and some people say that if you instal the older version of powerampa such as v2 it has a fully functional feature for the remote steering. So why is the latest version of this app cannot support the remote steering function??

Poweramp does support external inputs from things like steering wheel controls, however the car equipment does needs to to be generating the relevant Android commands.

You don't give any information at all about your phone or car setup so it's hard to be specific, but if you are connecting your phone to the car headunit via Bluetooth,  have a look at PA Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands to see what (if any) commands are being issued.

Andre

I use an android car headunit so i use Poweramp app directly via installation from playstore and i don't play music using smartphone that is connected to the headunit via bluetooth. So what i'm saying is I can't use remote steering on Poweramp app to skip song but the remote steering function is fine with another music app such as preinstalled music player app or streaming music app such as spotify.

On 11/21/2019 at 5:44 AM, Herdayu said:

I can't use remote steering on Poweramp app to skip song but the remote steering function is fine with another music app such as preinstalled music player app or streaming music app such as spotify.

I use Poweramp on an ATOTO android car unit, and the steering wheel commands of my Toyota Rav4 work just fine.

The only problem I meet is that the fonts in Poweramp are way too small for a 2 DIN car unit, nearly unreadable while driving(!)

Archived