Android 10 (Huawei p30 pro) - problem with bluetooth / spontaneous rewinding of songs?

bady48

For 2 days (after updating my Huawei p30 pro to Android 10) I have a problem with bluetooth in the car. When the phone connects (TNS 510 navigation), the song scrolls by itself (as if I were holding the fast-rewinding button, song after song, folfer after folder). When in the car I click the next or previous song button a few times, the playback stabilizes and the music plays perfectly.
After disconnecting the bluetooth and reconnecting, the situation repeats. The song sounds like fast scrolling.
Deregistering and re-registering the phone in the car, clearing the Poweramp cache and bluetooth, uninstalling and reinstalling Poweramp did not help.
Amazingly, playing music from my phone via Spotify or the dedicated Music application works without problems.
In turn, the connection of bluetooth headphones with the phone also works and nothing interrupts.
I am asking for help, for which I thank you in advance.

Regards!

BTW, I use PA since years. There are players and there is Poweramp! 🙂

OK, but why there are no problems with Spotify or huawey'a Music player (the same car, the same android, the same phone)?

I noticed situations just after the update my phone to Android 10. On Android 9 everything worked as it should be. 

Hi, this morning I checked Musicolet player as a default player and everything works fine. It looks that only PA has the problem with FAST-FORWARD command. I'm on Build 853 version of PA, Android 10. Maybe  @maxmp  will find any solution?

One more thing: after establishing a bluetooth connection (Fast-Forward actions, the song scrolls itself), when I press Pause-Button on a phone or a car (doesn't matter) and next I press a  Play-Button, the playback stabilizes and works without problems until I will stop the engine and starts it again.

UPDATE 1: (20.11.19) Rocket Player works fine, but I want to only use Poweramp 🙂

UPDATE 2: (21.11.19) When I uncheked Respod to Buttons, PA starts fine without scrolling, but I can't switch between track and albums stright from the car

• 1 month later...

Hi,

is there any chance to fix the error I described?

I will mention that the car player has been restarted (physically disconnected from the power supply), but it did not help.
When I turn off  "Respond To Buttons" option in PA, the music always plays without a problem (the song doesn't scroll itself).  When I turn this option on ("Respond To Buttons"), the music (when the phone connects to the car stereo via bluetooth) always starts to scroll by itself...

I need some help 😞

You have posted what seems to be the answer already, your headunit is sending KEYCODE_MEDIA_FAST_FORWARD key events (for reasons unknown) and Poweramp is simply processing the commands it is being sent (correctly). The only way to stop this would be to disable Respond to Buttons in Poweramp.

Andre

• 1 month later...

The problem in your case (as with that other thread) seems to be that button ACTION_DOWN events are being created by the Bluetooth device with no corresponding ACTION_UP afterwards to say that the button has been released again. PA thus assumes that the button is being kept held down by the user (as it hasn't been informed otherwise) which means continue to Fast-Forward. Have you been able to find out why the BT device is doing this?

Andre

Archived