Playlists duplicated

icruces

Hi there,

I have Poweramp scanning a folder with some m3u playlists generated by an external software. It works fine until I modify those playlist adding/removing tracks (using the external software). After a new scanning, Poweramp picks the new version but import them as  new playlists, keeping the old version in the database. Is it possible to just keep the latest version instead of manually having to delete them everytime?

Less important, is it possible to hide the playlist .m3u extension from the UI?

Many thanks,

Iván.

Have you got the option to clean up unresolved playlists enabled? In Settings > Library > Playlists ?

I have "Remove Playlist Entries On Track Deletion" and "Resolve Playlist Entries" enabled.

Are all three playlists different files (i.e. different source files and/or contents?)

There is just one "Running.m3u" file in my sd card. Everytime I sync it with a new version, a new "Running.m3u" playlist appears in Poweramp with the songs of the new version. The other copies of the playlist match older versions.

Cheers,

Iván.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, icruces said:

No difference, still see the duplication. How Poweramp decide if it is a new Playlist? Obviously is not only based on the name.

It certainly used to be just by filename (including location), and the in-memory copy would get re-updated if the file modification information changes.

Andre

• 2 years later...