Poweramp
Sign in to follow this  
Mountain Man

"Follow source frequency"

I would like to see an option to have the output frequency automatically match the source frequency.  I realize that this could break cross fade for tracks with different frequencies, but simply include descriptive text alerting the user to this fact.

FiiO M11 and either Creative Outlier Air wireless earbuds or Sony MDR-7506 wired headphones, or if I'm in my car, I'm using lineout through the 3.5mm jack.

...although I suppose it's worth asking: would a feature to follow source frequency have any benefits over just setting output to a fixed frequency (right now I have Poweramp set for 96kHz) and letting everything be resampled?

There have been a number of user requests for follow source frequency and bitrate over the past year or two, and while there are a number of pitfalls - non-supported rates for the current device, glitches between tracks when rates change (not a problem within one album I suspect, but shuffled play would be an issue), etc - I would have thought that with suitable warnings when enabling the mode it would still be a popular feature, and a plus in the specs list at least.

Andre