PowerAMP v2.0 beta 2

maxmp

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Max. Just installed Beta 2 (never installed Beta 1).

So far it's amazing. One big issue I'm having though, is that it no longer lists multi-disk albums (i.e. Pink Floyd's The Wall) in disk order -> track order. Instead, it shuffles all the tracks, listing all first tracks from all disks, then all second tracks, etc. I couldn't find a way to fix this on the ordering menu.

Any advice?

Thanks,

-Zeff

Hi Max. Thank you for all the bugfixes from beta 1 to beta 2.

I found a BIG bug in beta 2 though.

The shuffle songs/shuffle lists is completely broken.

What it does currently: always stays in the same folder and picks random songs from there

What it should do: Given a starting , it should act JUST like the shuffle all except that it has a constraint if what the top folder is.

I'm pretty sure its a quick fix but it is a major feature. Can you fix it and upload beta 3 if possible today? Otherwise I have found beta 2 flawless and awesome.

Hi Max. Just installed Beta 2 (never installed Beta 1).

So far it's amazing. One big issue I'm having though, is that it no longer lists multi-disk albums (i.e. Pink Floyd's The Wall) in disk order -> track order. Instead, it shuffles all the tracks, listing all first tracks from all disks, then all second tracks, etc. I couldn't find a way to fix this on the ordering menu.

Any advice?

Thanks,

-Zeff

Ditto!

ysaliens

I don't think I can reproduce any issues with shuffle songs/shuffle lists mode + Folders. Do you use Hierarchy Folders view?

How exactly do you start shuffling? (I.e. with song click in Folders list, via context menu => Shuffle, etc.)?

zefferal

Multidisc albums won't be split into separate albums in PowerAMP v2.0, this feature will most probably show up in 2.1. Anyway it's strictly relies on tag correctness, often folders can work better in this case (assuming discs are organized in folders).

ysaliens

I don't think I can reproduce any issues with shuffle songs/shuffle lists mode + Folders. Do you use Hierarchy Folders view?

How exactly do you start shuffling? (I.e. with song click in Folders list, via context menu => Shuffle, etc.)?

I tried both ways (via context and via enabling it while a sing is playing).

I an using hierarchy mode but it should not matter as it does it even when I click it while playing a song.

What it does when activated for me is that it NEVER leaves the folder where it was enabled.

In the hierarchy folder context mode, when the "Shuffle" is used it goes in the first subfolder and never leaves it.

If for you it works completely, ill uninstall and try a completely fresh install though I think I did nothing wrong on my build.

I see how it works now. In this case, the feature is not broken. It works completely as intended.

Though my bug report still remains then haha. When I long press on a folder and select Shuffle (thank you for bringing back this feature), the expected behavior is that it starts shuffling all songs and subfolders down from the folder I long-clicked. This was the behavior in 1.4 and I loved it.

The behavior now is that it goes in the first subfolder and shuffles everything in it before moving onto the second subfolder. This is not really shuffling any of the subfolders. It is just playing them in order and shuffling their contents. The expected behavior should be that it uses the "Shuffle All" mode but picks the folder I used to start the shuffle as the top level folder. I don't think it's a hard thing to implement. Can you do it?

Perhaps an idea is to implement the Shuffle context to be as it was on 1.4 and add an additional button called Ordered Shuffle or something among those lines. The ordered Shuffle would have the behavior of the current 2.0 Shuffle context menu while the normal Shuffle will Shuffle songs from ALL subfolders randomly.

zefferal

Multidisc albums won't be split into separate albums in Poweramp v2.0, this feature will most probably show up in 2.1. Anyway it's strictly relies on tag correctness, often folders can work better in this case (assuming discs are organized in folders).

What I'm seeing is that PA seems to be ignoring the Discnumber tag to resolve multidisc sets. This leads to the behavior Zefferal noted in his initial message (i.e., instead of sorting correctly such that tracks 1/1, 2/1, 3/1, 1/2, 2/2, 3/2 etc. play in the proper order, we're seeing this sorting: 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 2/1, 2/2, 2/3, 3/1, 3/2, 3/3, etc.). I've tried multidisc sets in separate folders (all tagged properly) as well as in one folder (also tagged properly -- though need to do more testing on the latter with 2.0b2) and don't see any difference.

Hello everyone !

I must concede the new design is beautiful, yet still fully functional.

Yet , I think that this player should be entirely customizable (as most of it is already), for exemple by adding a customization wizard on first start. But this is misc.

For now, I'm really disappointed by the missing lyrics in the album art (not to say instead of it, as i never understood the goal of album art ^_^ ), wouldn't it be easy to add this option, as the admin suggested, for the final release ? Because having a 4/5 of a black screen with Poweramp logo is not really thrilling !

What I'm seeing is that PA seems to be ignoring the Discnumber tag to resolve multidisc sets. This leads to the behavior Zefferal noted in his initial message (i.e., instead of sorting correctly such that tracks 1/1, 2/1, 3/1, 1/2, 2/2, 3/2 etc. play in the proper order, we're seeing this sorting: 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 2/1, 2/2, 2/3, 3/1, 3/2, 3/3, etc.). I've tried multidisc sets in separate folders (all tagged properly) as well as in one folder (also tagged properly -- though need to do more testing on the latter with 2.0b2) and don't see any difference.

This.

I mean, I only have about ten albums that this is an issue with, so I spent a half hour renumbering them quickly ("hey you" is now track 14 instead of 2-1), but this is something that Poweramp 1.x didn't have any issues with.

Not a huge deal though. Loving the new features otherwise.

rickytenzer

Auto advance list mode can be enabled by cycling Repeat mode (for any supported list types).

zifferal

What are file formats in your multidisc sets? (mp3/m4a/something else)? Note that disc tag (tpos for mp3) is not read at all currently by PowerAMP (was deferred), but still it's possible to quickly add this for some formats.

Thanks!

This.

I mean, I only have about ten albums that this is an issue with, so I spent a half hour renumbering them quickly ("hey you" is now track 14 instead of 2-1), but this is something that Poweramp 1.x didn't have any issues with.

Not a huge deal though. Loving the new features otherwise.

I have over 14 times that number. So it would be a major headache to re-tag all those tracks (figure 20-25 per multidisc album)... :(

rickytenzer

Auto advance list mode can be enabled by cycling Repeat mode (for any supported list types).

zifferal

What are file formats in your multidisc sets? (mp3/m4a/something else)? Note that disc tag (tpos for mp3) is not read at all currently by Poweramp (was deferred), but still it's possible to quickly add this for some formats.

Thanks!

Max, can you please fix the context menu shuffling? Only asking again cause you didn't respond in that statement.

I see how it works now. In this case, the feature is not broken. It works completely as intended.

Though my bug report still remains then haha. When I long press on a folder and select Shuffle (thank you for bringing back this feature), the expected behavior is that it starts shuffling all songs and subfolders down from the folder I long-clicked. This was the behavior in 1.4 and I loved it.

The behavior now is that it goes in the first subfolder and shuffles everything in it before moving onto the second subfolder. This is not really shuffling any of the subfolders. It is just playing them in order and shuffling their contents. The expected behavior should be that it uses the "Shuffle All" mode but picks the folder I used to start the shuffle as the top level folder. I don't think it's a hard thing to implement. Can you do it?

Perhaps an idea is to implement the Shuffle context to be as it was on 1.4 and add an additional button called Ordered Shuffle or something among those lines. The ordered Shuffle would have the behavior of the current 2.0 Shuffle context menu while the normal Shuffle will Shuffle songs from ALL subfolders randomly.

Max, i agree with ysaliens. Thanks for bringing the feature back in 2.0, but the way it behaves now is not good. When i shuffle a folder with subfolders in it, i would expect Poweramp to shuffle ALL songs that are located in the individual subfolders - just like it was in Poweramp 1.4. Thanks!

Installed on Motorola Xoom. Thanks for making the external1 folders visible. Havent found any flaws yet.

One thing, Delete Action is checked by default, can this be unchecked by default? In case someone deletes a song (without going into the settings first to read what this does) and doesnt know they are deleting it from the device (card).

Great job as usual on Beta 2. I am still having the same problem I reported on with Beta 1. There is something wrong with the queue. No matter what shuffle setting I put the player on it still continues to play every song in the queue whether its been played already or not. In version 1.4 it would only play the unheard songs. Please let me know if I can be more specific. Im using an HTC Evo 4g

khg002

Thanks for the report. How exactly do you start queue?

blubserl

I'm probably going to modify shuffle lists/songs mode (for hier folders only). Though, it can be done in two ways:

- either shuffle folder + any subfolder songs, no matter how folders aligned (like in 1.4)

- or shuffle folder songs, then shuffle subfolder songs, and shuffle subfolders itself.

Anyway, adding this mode will delay PowerAMP 2.0 release for a week.

Great additions! Found a bug though:

"- returned play/shuffle context menu actions for all lists"

Tried it. Shuffle option in folder mode does not include full tree of subfolders, but stays shuffeling within the first folder in the first sub folder only.

Example, folder structure:

- Pop

--Britney

---- Blackout

---- Circus

-- Gaga

---- Born This Way

---- The female monster

-- Madonna

---- Like A Virgin

I try to shuffle it all through long pressing "pop" folder and selecting shuffle. But Poweramp plays Britneys Blackout only.

maxmp

Thanks for the quick reply. Ill try and sum everything up in this post as I dont believe I get another post today according to the posting rules.

I normally start a queue when Im already listening to a song. I will search and then find a song and long press, then add to queue. I will continue adding songs to the queue until I get a queue about 15 songs large. The current song finishes and the queue begins and displays 1/15. A few songs will play and it will display 4/15 or something similar. If I view the queue itself, it will have greyed out already played songs. However if I shuffle the songs at all the queue will start over again at 1/15 and depending on the shuffle settings will jump to 6/15 and then maybe back to 1/15. In 1.4 I believe the player constantly kept track of songs that had been played and reduced the count consequently. I apologize if Im not being clear but at the very least I know that something has changed with the queue from 1.4 to 2. Again thanks for the help. It should also be noted that I have repeat turned off.

Maxmp

One last thing, if im in the middle of a queue and the display reads 5/15 and I view the queue list and pick a unplayed song, the display then reverts to 1/15 and all the songs play over again, even the previously heard ones. Hope this helps!

Archived