Poweramp TODO list/features in progress

maxmp

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I think a useful feature would be a "Refresh license" button that refreshes the license cache, or verifies it. For example, it now tells me I have to buy it, even if I just reinstalled the license.

EDIT: never mind, it works now :-j

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I see a post here dating back to 2011 stating that support for song ratings in MP3 tags was on the do-to list for future revisions. I would really like a way to sync my song rating settings between devices (Android, Windows, etc). When will the mentioned features be available? Thanks.

I see a post here dating back to 2011 stating that support for song ratings in MP3 tags was on the do-to list for future revisions. I would really like a way to sync my song rating settings between devices (Android, Windows, etc). When will the mentioned features be available? Thanks.

Ratings from the tag ? When ? It is promised long time ago. Otherwise awesome player

Max seems to be ignoring the promises of adding (here at least acknowledging) the major changes that was planned....

....In favor of these 'incremental' updates.

Please, Max, the crowd has spoken.

I personally am awaiting the following major that was promised:

=Support for extended metadata tags found in id3 v2, mp4, flac, ape etc

=Backup and import of app settings and EQ settings

=Sharper updated Poweramp GUI

=Bug fixes concerning opening files from external sources such as File Manager app

=Support for .nomedia files (this should be easy)

=audio effects (and presumably A-B repeat) via 3rd party plugins

=In-app purcahsing of Poweramp which would alleviate having to download the Unlocker separately

=As of v2.09-build 529 - the progress bar reset after Stop has not been fixed as was said by Max that it had been.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love Poweramp as an app so much and there is no other music player that I use but please remember your loyal customers. It's not all about making lots of money from sales. Please Max. 

Can you please add album covers to play lists, as well? And I can't use samsung s3 motion controls like stopping music by closing the screen with my hand and others. And finally can you add a simpler volume control panel like s3's standart player. Hope you'll pay attention..

A greatest player for Android which, actually, lacks one of the most convenient features: advanced sorting. I have now to manually add each album to the playlist to preserve correct sorting.

Features:

1. Ability to create and save custom sorting templates. Like this: ArtistName \ AlbumDate \ AlbumName \ TrackNumber. Or even more complex templates based on any tags (even non-standard).

In fact, there is no need in many templates - there must be one 'smart' and complex template which would handle all(or at least most) possible cases and sort tracks in most justified and structured manner.

2. When adding tracks to playlist from an artist or a folder apply some sorting template to files.

3. Show TrackNumbers (from tags) in track list views.

These suggestions came from years of using the most advanced desktop player Foobar.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi Max. MP. dev group.

I hearing many ripped music from southcast-radio with streamripper. many music many poor. :)

I need a mp3 erasing function is not in the lists.

Thank you Jozsef nagy.

Huh?

If you want to delete some files, just delete them using your file explorer software. Poweramp does allow you to delete single files if you wish, but it's not a file management app.

If you just want these poor files to not show up within Poweramp's Library, just untick those folders from Poweramp's "Music Folders" list.

Andre

1.I Dont Know How To Tell But I Like Poweramp Style Its Great To Listining To Music In Neon Theme Based On Black color But Can u Add Some Style Creator Or New Theme Modes To The New Realeases?

2.My Friend Has An Ipod But He Just Like Poweramp Style When He Just Saw It ...And I like The Itunes Style Album Show On His Ipod And The Album Tab and How Its Show When He Turn His Ipod To The Landscape Mode I like It...so Can U Add This Features To The Poweramp?

TNX

Huh?

If you want to delete some files, just delete them using your file explorer software. Poweramp does allow you to delete single files if you wish, but it's not a file management app.

If you just want these poor files to not show up within Poweramp's Library, just untick those folders from Poweramp's "Music Folders" list.

Andre

Thanks Andre. 

I am not happy :-)

I noticed a bug with file length calculation (time of the song calculation) shown in library and while playing a song.

Details of this here: http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/4954-file-length-mismatch-in-library/

Can this be fixed? My normal MP3 Player from Android 4.1.2 (XWLSD) i used has no problem with this, and it has a library as well. This is not about my files, this is about calculation of time of the song.

Archived