Poweramp TODO list/features in progress

maxmp

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I ask if Rating sync'ing from/to tags and AlbumArtist tag sort is priority in the list (and possibly near to release)? This is most important for me, because i have a lot of album-compilations based on AlbumArtist tag and all collection rated in id3v1 + id3v2.3 tags.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Fox. I am waiting for this, and can't wait :)

The shuffle algorithm in Google Music = poo. I get the same 20 to 50 songs playing all the time out of a 700 song playlist when I do shuffle. So annoying.

But I love Google's cloud service for Music, and how you can upload up to 20K of songs (I have over 700). Everyone else charges by the gig and I don't like that.

I am downloading my main playlists to my phone now so that I can run them through Poweramp. Need it for the gym and I can't take that bad shuffle anymore.

• 2 months later...

This list started a year ago on this forum) The list were updated and rewritten multiple times - as we constantly implement the list and update it, removing the old entries. Currently, this is the list for Poweramp 3.0 - the next major release.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree... This is kind of absurd, Firefox supports Opus and Poweramp does not... Come on now.

Max has already stated somewhere that Opus support was added into one of his development builds...So you can count on seeing it in the next major Poweramp release (v3.0)

Is this sort of sarcasm typical from staff in the forum here? Bit of a put-off to potential customers.

I think it's bit of a joke, but it does hold a point. The point of having a standard is so that things will be compatible as the same standard will be used by everyone; having many different standards are thus pointless unless they are compatible.

I think it's bit of a joke, but it does hold a point.

Yes, it was meant as an amusing/ironic comment. Sorry, I didn't think it needed a smiley to reinforce the point but I guess I was wrong.

However as you say, the underlying implication of the quote (and it's a fairly famous one in computing circles) is still valid.

By the way, please note the wording in my sig folks... I offered to help out the staff here in catching spammers/etc more quickly, but I'm not one of the actual programming staff.

Andre

Could you elaborate on that? I use folders and subfolders in Poweramp all the time without any problems. Andre

Yes, Poweramp can read folders and subfolders, but in the navigation folder menu the application don't keep the original structure of folders, but shows all folders at the same level.

Thank you.

Nicolás.

Yes, Poweramp can read folders and subfolders, but in the navigation folder menu the application don't keep the original structure of folders, but shows all folders at the same level.

Thank you.

Ah, right. Just set the Folders > List Options > View As... setting to "Hierarchy" rather than "List".

Andre

Archived