Poweramp
Hive

Support for multiple ARTIST field for vorbis tag

I use multiple ARTIST fields in my FLAC audio file to save multi-artists information. However, Poweramp does not seems to support it now.

Any plans to support this feature? 

Further more, the ALBUM_ARTIST field can also be supported.

+1, I also use multiple artist fields in FLAC files (as encouraged by xiph) but they don't show up. Requesting support for multiple artist tags, separated by comma (,).

Would also request that multiple artist tags in mp3 files are separated by comma. RIght now they're just separated by a space, so you can't differentiate between the artists.

Comma separation would not always work, as there are some artist/group names with commas in already - "Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young" for example is regarded as a group name, not four artists. Separators should probably be same as for genres, which are ";" or "//".

Andre

If this is hopefully implemented I think the current delimiter of ";" or you can set your own in Settings -> Library -> Scanner - Other - Symbols to split multiple Genres. This will hopefully change to split the multi-entry fields of Artist, Album Artist and Genre.

3 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Settings -> Library -> Scanner - Other - Symbols to split multiple Genres. This will hopefully change to split the multi-entry fields of Artist, Album Artist and Genre.

That would make a lot of sense to me. Plus Composer, for those who use it. Some tagging formats (such as Vorbis) allow multiple instances of the same tag too of course, which makes the task easier still.

Andre

19 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

If this is hopefully implemented I think the current delimiter of ";" or you can set your own in Settings -> Library -> Scanner - Other - Symbols to split multiple Genres. This will hopefully change to split the multi-entry fields of Artist, Album Artist and Genre.

Appreciated to know that, However It only works with Genre and currently there's no delimiter available to split any tags other than Genre.

6 hours ago, Hive said:

Appreciated to know that, However It only works with Genre and currently there's no delimiter available to split any tags other than Genre.

Yes, that's what I said.

Andre

I vaguely remember someone saying this is a limitation based on androids os. It's only possible by a few apps that are embedding additonal information during a PC to Phone Sync and it's not possible using a tag alone. You would think it would be possible to circumvent this if you really wanted to.

6 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

I vaguely remember someone saying this is a limitation based on androids os. It's only possible by a few apps that are embedding additonal information during a PC to Phone Sync and it's not possible using a tag alone. You would think it would be possible to circumvent this if you really wanted to.

Well, may be. But I can't imagine how Android OS can make such a limitation. Currently I've found foobar2000 that supports multi-comment for Artist, both on Windows and Android. Though it has some problem on Android like that it doesn't show all artists in listviews, but I can search all artists that exist in the vorbis comment, and the results, the songs related to those artists, is able to show.

I doesn't use any sync utils for foobar in Android. Thus, analysing multiple tags(vorbis comments) is still possible, I think.

That's what I've seen. I've experimented in other android players and there's a bunch of conflicts displaying artists. It would be nice if this is a limitation of android, if Poweramp could read a different field like "comments" for example, and pick up on artists featured on those songs. I love Spotify's "Appears On" that shows underneath the artists main discography. That would be really nice and I wouldn't care about multiple artists so much if this existed.