Mass editing of info-tags

XenoReaper

Hey everyone,

I would like to request a feature which may not be of much importance but could improve the app for people like me.

Would it be possible to create the following option?: mass-edit the info/tags of a song. Reason 1: switch of mobile phone. Because when I switch the mobile phone, the edited tags won't stay and when I have to re-edit them again it would be a pain in the ass to get a cleaned up albumspace again.

Reason 2: Editing tags of whole album which weren't handled properly. E.g. most of the timr when you download an album from youtube, the album-name, songtitle and artist is wrongly configured. In order to clean that up I usually go through every song and edit out. But coming to reason one... this is just way to cumbersome.

Thanks in advance!

My advice is to use a dedicated mp3 tagger. Easiest is to use your pc and look for an mp3 editor. Andre, the forum moderator has his favorite, search this forum for the name, but to answer your 1, once written to the mp3 tag, you will not lose them again. Your no 2 will be dealt with too with any mp3 editor. On android i use mp3tagger but there are many others

1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

My advice is to use a dedicated mp3 tagger. Easiest is to use your pc and look for an mp3 editor. Andre, the forum moderator has his favorite, search this forum for the name, but to answer your 1, once written to the mp3 tag, you will not lose them again. Your no 2 will be dealt with too with any mp3 editor. On android i use mp3tagger but there are many others

I agree with @flyingdutchman regarding a separate app or format for mass editing. Doing so within the player can lead to issues when it comes to trying to save to internal or SD card memory while the file is in use. My preference is MP3tag on PC, there are others for PC and Mac platforms that work as well as Android apps that are designed for this purpose only. Plus doing this on PC means your main library files are fixed for future use, just in case something happens to your mobile device. :(

Archived