Missing Music

Steve101

Hi All

Recently changed my sd card, did a full rescan and all seemed well. Until i noticed that tracks are being deleted ??

I look at folder and track count on rescan tab.

I add some more tracks, do a rescan and count go up

I then add some more tracks, rescan and count goes down. ??

I look in folder where all my music is stored and some of the folders (each album has its own folder) are now empty, so the tracks have been deleted by Poweramp.

Anybody else had this issue. ??

Hi.

First, please check if tracks are physically there (in any file manager). Poweramp doesn't automatically delete anything (there should be user initiated Delete action).

Poweramp also skips tracks with video (Settings / Library / Ignore Video Tracks) and tracks with the duration below some threshold (Settings / Library / Ignore Short Tracks), so you may want check those options.

Thanks!

Thanks max. The tracks do appear in my file manager and I can play them, then randomly when I add more tracks and rescan some will be deleted,  on then checking with my file manager they are gone. Have unchecked short tracks and contain video, but they don't come into it, as they are not being ignored they are being deleted, very strange.

This must be something odd in your file system. PA does not delete any files at all, unless you specifically tell it to (and confirm with an extra prompt). However it does open and scan files rapidly, but I don't know why that would cause problems with the file system itself.

Does this happen if you put some of your music on internal storage instead of SD Card? Have you tried reformatting the SD Card and then copying the contents back on to the cleanly formatted card? 

Andre

When you change/reformat the SD Card do a FULL Rescan afterwards to forcibly remove any old entries from PA's database. It's also worth backing up any PA Playlists that you may have created inside the app, as once the files are on a 'new' SD Card (as far as Android is concerned; it will be given a new name) they will be treated as different files and thus may no longer be linked to old playlists.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you to back up any other contents on the SD Card before reformatting, but I thought I'd just mention it in an abundance of caution. :)

Andre

So have reformatted sd card, no music on, full rescan, added 4 folders of music on, 1 album in each folder, did rescan, right number of folders and tracks showe' up, but.... when tried to play a song found they all showing time as 0.00 and failed to play. Looking in my file manager they all there, showing as 3mb etc as a file, very strange. Next step to buy a new sd card and try that. Frustrated.com

Sounds more likely to be some sort of tagging issues with the files. Are they regular MP3 files, or more esoteric formats like AAC or FLAC which can be a bit more fussy when it comes to tag compatibility?

It might be worth sending one or two of the problem files which show as zero-length to Max for checking. You can send from within Poweramp by long-pressing on the title in the songs list, select 'Send', and email it to gpmaxmpz@gmail.com.

Andre

Archived