When I open Snapchat, why is audio switched from bluetooth to speaker?

atinp1116

I've been facing this super embarrassing problem where the audio starts blasting (the same volume as my headphones), through the phone speaker. It's happened on the train and in class and its super embarrassing. Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Some devices have issue with the detecting music playing state - that usually happens for hi-res output (as they continue use Android 2.x code which had no hi-res at the time). Poweramp tries to workaround this with Settings / Audio / Advanced Tweaks / Force Speaker Off option. (The option is usually enabled by default on affected devices, but it can be also manually disabled or not detected properly).

• 1 month later...

Hello, I've been having this same issue. When opening Snapchat specifically, using DVC with the Hi-Res Output, output changes from bluetooth to phone speakers. The only temporary fix I have found is re-connecting the bluetooth device or switching plugins, but it happens again when Snapchat is closed then re-opened. I can reliably re-create this. Disabling DVC or using another Output Plugin seems to fix the problem, but Hi-Res Output w/ DVC is my default.

I checked the Force Speaker Off option and it was already enabled -- toggling off then on again does not seem to do anything when the problem is occurring unfortunately. This seems like a bug with that option, or DVC?

Archived