Poweramp Builds 842-853

maxmp

@maxmp just curious if you've tried casting to the Google home (nest) hub, and minimizing Poweramp on the hub itself? Every time I do it audio just clips and stops playing unless Poweramp is open.

this is on the hub, casting to everything else works fine. As long as I leave Poweramp as the 'top' app on the hub it streams. Doesn't matter if I turn the phone screen off or not. As soon as I swipe Poweramp to the background on the hub it seems to clip and just doesn't continue playing audio.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/6/2019 at 4:20 PM, koolicecream said:

@maxmp here another user with same issue... I m on android 9 and he on android 7...so please check

Unfortunately not every launcher out there supports that. Though, all my devices and (stock + nova) launchers do, including stock Sony Z5 @ 7.1.1, it seems there are launchers with the bug in this (they just ignore icon disable request - still, this is based on your screenshots as all my devices work fine and I can't test that locally). 

On 10/2/2019 at 5:04 PM, maxmp said:

if you can share one of such buggy tracks with me

Hi @maxmp, Sorry for poking you but I actually sent a link with a few test tracks some days ago for you to see about that length behavior, I sent it through this site (by clicking on your username and on the mail icon that exists on your profile homepage)

Just confirming if you got it since I haven't seen any talk about that...

1 hour ago, ScarletNeko said:

I sent it through this site (by clicking on your username and on the mail icon that exists on your profile homepage)

The normal address Max asks for sending sample files to is gpmaxmpz@gmail.com, is that the one you used?

Andre

@Crericper intertesting. There were no changes to hi-res for oreo in latest builds at all. Try to reset hi-res output to defaults + reboot phone? Also on some devices only one hi-res (direct output) available, and any app using it, even in background, will hold it making other apps non-hi-res.

10 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Crericper intertesting. There were no changes to hi-res for oreo in latest builds at all. Try to reset hi-res output to defaults + reboot phone? Also on some devices only one hi-res (direct output) available, and any app using it, even in background, will hold it making other apps non-hi-res.

You are right! I have mono audio turned on. The problem is solved by switching it off. BTW, if anyone needs an app killer, I found two doing good job on killing all apps. (de.hp.taskmanager) & (nextapp.sp) both work well on rooted devices. 

New issue found: causing high CPU load at background without playing any song. (I am listening to music when I took the screenshot but I was not in the last few hours.) Not sure what the reason but as I restarted the app everything works fine. (Might be indexing related or license checking?) 

1570704909740.jpg

Screenshot_2019-10-10-22-00-40-374_nextapp.sp.png

On 10/9/2019 at 8:50 PM, knightnz said:

One of the last couple of betas seems to have fixed an issue I was having where PA would randomly start playing a few minutes after disconnecting from my Android Auto head unit. That was embarrassing a couple of times, thanks Max!

Interesting, I'm not aware of this issue. In any case you can check what caused the play command via Settings / <search> / Last processed commands

@Crericper I test each build in normal scenarios on 120 devices over 24 hours - there is no change to battery consumption (one potentially battery consuming issue was actually fixed). Poweramp just have no code which will execute in the background except:

- playback
- scanning (can be triggered by system, but won't happen unless poweramp is on foreground or playing on Android 8+), if you uploaded some music recently, this is your case.
- chromecast device discovery (won't happen unless poweramp is on foreground or playing on Android 8+)

For more info see here: 

Ever since the last update, my hardware buttons on my Hiby R5 player don't work if the screen is off or the player is minimized. It only works when the app is active and displaying.

EDIT: Looks like it fixed itself when I enabled "Beep" or "Vibrate" with button presses

2 hours ago, Crericper said:

My GA is: eric.huang907@gmail.com

My pa base.apk hash is: (MD5) 6c11b80682c6eec95b87a65914ea904a

I think you might be right on targeting the Chromecast button since I've got it enabled as well. 

Here're some updates for the High CPU Usage / Battery Drain problem.

Make sure you've read the message at the top of the thread before posting. 

On 10/3/2019 at 4:49 PM, maxmp said:

Build 843:

• selectable sorting in Add to Playlist

Just wondering whether it might also be possible to add an extra option to that screen to be able to insert the new song at the start of a playlist, rather than at the end, as this has been a long-requested feature? Just an extra icon on that top line that toggles between "First" and "Last" (and is sticky) would do the trick. If space is an issue, maybe change the "+ Add New" button to just "New".

Andre

On 10/3/2019 at 10:54 PM, andrewilley said:

Sounds very sensible to me. Why would you want a streaming audio station to appear in a shuffle list anyway? It would never end, and so never be able to shuffle on to something else.

Thanks Max, looks like you implemented that in 844. Advance List is no longer disappearing when All Songs shuffling is selected. I assume that also means that online streaming radio stations are being treated as a special case and no longer getting included within Shuffled lists?

Andre

Archived