Poweramp Builds 842-853

maxmp

8 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

open it in a text editor on the phone?  

Yes, that would let you see what the stored paths and filenames look like, and if they match your devices file system.

M3U playlists are now dealt with in a manner which tries to resolve path issues by the way. PA checks the filename and one level of containing folder for a match, rather than inditing that the full path be a 100% match. Obviously internal lists need to be a full match though, as PA created the links itself.

Andre

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/21/2019 at 3:56 PM, pawelb said:

Regardless of the DVC state, switching the button on or off doesn't change anything.

Did you choose any audio profile in the sound adapt. I advice 60+ which is so harsh on the highs that iy's the best to check the functionality of the MusicFX button?

In fact sound adapt is difficult enugh to hear, especially taking into account that it adjusts volume individually.

36 minutes ago, NickIst said:

Did you choose any audio profile in the sound adapt. I advice 60+ which is so harsh on the highs that iy's the best to check the functionality of the MusicFX button?

In fact sound adapt is difficult enugh to hear, especially taking into account that it adjusts volume individually.

There are several system sound settings in Galaxy S9+: Dolby Atmos, simple and advanced equalizer, three tweaks like UHQ scaler and then the sound adapt. I didn't use sound adapt but the other settings like Atmos and equalizer to change the sound to the point when I was sure if MusicFX button works or not.

11 minutes ago, pawelb said:

There are several system sound settings in Galaxy S9+: Dolby Atmos, simple and advanced equalizer, three tweaks like UHQ scaler and then the sound adapt. I didn't use sound adapt but the other settings like Atmos and equalizer to change the sound to the point when I was sure if MusicFX button works or not.

I know, I have it too (Note 9). Yes you're right button itself doesn't work.

On 11/23/2019 at 5:01 AM, andrewilley said:

Yes, that would let you see what the stored paths and filenames look like, and if they match your devices file system.

M3U playlists are now dealt with in a manner which tries to resolve path issues by the way. PA checks the filename and one level of containing folder for a match, rather than inditing that the full path be a 100% match. Obviously internal lists need to be a full match though, as PA created the links itself.

Andre

Ok so I synced and this time it just plays different songs then what i click on in the playlist.   Like it used to during the playlist bugs last year i think it was.   I tried turning shuffle off but no change.   But it only does it on the playlist that was loaded when the sync happened.    Looking at it in a txt editor i see nothing wrong at the top of the list anyways.   

6 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

Ok so I synced and this time it just plays different songs then what i click on in the playlist.

Could it be trying to play the requested filename and failing, and going on through the list until it finds one it can play?

What happens if you move the exported .M3U8 file into a folder that PA can scan, does the new file-based version of the playlist then play correctly, or do you have the same problems?

Andre

On 11/24/2019 at 10:10 PM, hypomaniac-eric said:

Ok so I synced and this time it just plays different songs then what i click on in the playlist.   Like it used to during the playlist bugs last year i think it was.   I tried turning shuffle off but no change.   But it only does it on the playlist that was loaded when the sync happened.    Looking at it in a txt editor i see nothing wrong at the top of the list anyways.   

Your problem could be "syncing" using musicbee. Last time I checked, Musicbee embeds additional information to be used in conjunction with musicbee player on your device for multiple artists or what not. You should try to create a simple playlist using text editor or a playlist creator and drag & drop that playlist from your computer to your device, NOT using a SYNCING program and see if that solves the problem. This will prevent musicbee from adding additional data that may confuse Poweramp.

I use Winamp to create playlists on my PC, but what I've noticed is Winamp can't correctly path special text characters in folders or filenames. So I have to go in and edit the playlist in a text editor to make sure the full filenames are there. I also now remove all paths and keep only the filename as Poweramp doesn't need it and also last time I checked Poweramp will not play an external playlist that has certain special characters in the path/filename. Certain website where you download mp3 files use a special unicode - character to names files that confuses Poweramp. Just one example.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 11:59 AM, flyingdutchman said:

@hypomaniac-eric sounds like some corruption somewhere. The latest Poweramp release does not cause any issues for me or others. Why dont you recreate your playlists as .m3u, and let Poweramp rescan everything, then add the .m3u playlists back in. 

@andrewilley  I've been meaning to report back.  a few days ago it did it again.  This time on my tablet.   So I looked at the playlist in a text viewer and everything was there as far as i can tell.   I removed it from Poweramp and then rescanned and it picked it back up and then it was fine.   So I don't think it's the playlist.   I think Poweramp is holding it in memory and then get's corrupted within Poweramp when the new one is copied to the device.   

Hi Max and guys, first of all I would like to wish all of you a very Happy New Year, full of high res music through our beloved PA!! Recently I noticed a small bug (not sure whether it's PA or not). My phone is an LG G6 latest Pie (stock) ROM. For playback I use a pair of RHA T20 Wireless and the story goes like this: when I listen to music, the first time I receive a call PA stops playback but when the call ends playback does not resume, I have to do it manually. For the subsequent calls, PA works as normal, resumes playback upon call end.

• 1 month later...

Archived