Disable pitch lock when changing tempo

a_rojasx

Thanks for the request.

Most of the development work on PA tends to go towards improving the accuracy and fidelity of pure audio reproduction, and I suspect that gimmicks like tempo and pitch changing which actually have the opposite effect tend to appear more as side-effects of other work. That's not to say it will never happen (and it has been asked for a few times over the years) but I doubt it will be a high priority either.

Andre 

On 9/21/2019 at 4:31 PM, andrewilley said:

Thanks for the request.

Most of the development work on PA tends to go towards improving the accuracy and fidelity of pure audio reproduction, and I suspect that gimmicks like tempo and pitch changing which actually have the opposite effect tend to appear more as side-effects of other work. That's not to say it will never happen (and it has been asked for a few times over the years) but I doubt it will be a high priority either.

Andre 

Does slowing down the tempo without this feature sound good anyways?

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am new in the forum but I always used Poweramp since the beginning. And since then, I am hoping to see one day a function just to change time and pitch together (which is even a simpler function than just changing just one of the 2 with interpolations etc) but nothing yet unfortunately.In the rare case this function will be taken in consideration, a good idea not to lose quality while changing pitch and tempo together, is to manage with a knob directly the speed of the sampling playback in order to keep the same of the original file (44100 for example).

Archived