Poweramp
dongadoy

Android 10 new app switching gestures

Android 10 has new gestures for app switching - left and right swipes at the bottom of the screen. But when I do that on the Poweramp Now Playing page, the swipe also changes to the previous and next song, as if I swiped left or right on the album art.

Anyone else experience that?

4 hours ago, dongadoy said:

Android 10 has new gestures for app switching - left and right swipes at the bottom of the screen.

Probably the first thing I will switch off when I get Android 10. Nice controllable buttons for me please.

Andre

I ran into this today as well on a Pixel 2 XL. I was quite surprised by the behavior. I never knew you could swipe anywhere other than on the album art to chance tracks.

I think it's strange that if you swipe in between the play back controls that it can change tracks. I've probably done this inadvertantly in the past and not realized what had happened.

I would be happy if the only active swipe area was the album art, but there are likely others who want it to work from everywhere.

At the least, I think there should be a larger area at the bottom of the app that is ignored for swipes to support gesture navigation (and likely a little in the sides to ensure the back navigation gesture works).

Thanks.

10 gestures actually work very well with Poweramp as it has no side drawer menus. There is a reserved space to the left/right borders where back action is “sensed” by Android, the swipe should be from screen edge. But of course there is no problem in increasing no-sense area on the edges (though swipe on these will just do nothing at all then).

Hi @maxmp. The issue I have is when using the system navigation gesture at the bottom of the screen to switch between apps. Doing so often (but not always) is caught by Poweramp and treated as a track forward/rewind gesture. Usually this happens in addition to the system UI switching apps.

21 hours ago, tmz said:

Hi @maxmp. The issue I have is when using the system navigation gesture at the bottom of the screen to switch between apps. Doing so often (but not always) is caught by Poweramp and treated as a track forward/rewind gesture. Usually this happens in addition to the system UI switching apps.

I'm having same problem.  Currently running the beta on Android 10, Pixel 3.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:30 PM, HenryKrinkle3 said:

I'm having same problem.  Currently running the beta on Android 10, Pixel 3.

New beta update seems to have fixed it.  Thanks!

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the general public release! Do you happen to know when that's planned?

Thanks! It works great! I downloaded and installed my first apk. App switching no longer changes songs.