LPW00

Hi. I broke my phone, like an idiot. Now I need a new one so I examined my phone usage and I really mostly use Poweramp only, so naturally for my new phone, besides price,  compatibility with Poweramp, a decent internal DAC, a massive storage for all my .FLAC files, and sadly this has to be said, a headphone jack, are the top priorities for me.

Well and it has to have an unlockable bootloader and an open sourced kernel, cuz we all know how android oems tend to not update their phones for more than idk, feels like 2 weeks or something.

Price shouldn't be too far over 350€ (that's 386 USD or  317 GBP)

When I bought my OnePlus One (may it rest in many, very tiny pieces), it was the obvious choice, it was the best smartphone for the best price, no compromises. But in recent years the smartphone market exploded and I'm overwhelmed with every oem vomitting out dozens of new devices every day and none of them have everything, all of them come with a catch, a sacrifice or a compromise. Which makes them - even though they're very different - all the same. I've searched for hours it's so exhausting...

Please help!

Also I think I read somewhere, that u have dozens of test devices, @maxmp, can u recommend some of them? That way Poweramp compatibility is a thing I can cross off my list for sure...

Disclaimer: Please be aware that while this is important to me and I love discussing about phones, I have very limited internet access so I might be unresponsive at most times, but I really appreciate every answer and I will eventually get to see and respond to them.

I've been very pleased with my Moto X4. Supports very large microSD cards and sound is pretty darn good with my wired headset (yes it has a headphone jack) and bluetooth in the car is great. The thing that I miss most is no wireless charging. It does have USB C coonection, has turbo charging. I did not go the Android 1 option. The Android on the phone is pretty much stock like it was on my Nexus 5 and it is unlocked. No Hi-Res, but for the most part this is mostly hype. I would bet that if you did a technical analysis of the hi-res music you'd find there's no more fidelity than a stock red book CD, especially if the master is analog to begin with. Your lossless FLAC files should sound great on this device. And the Moto X4 will easily play music with PA for however many hours you'd like in a day. I've gone 6 hours of music over both headset and also on bluetooth and used less than 30% of the battery.

I used to have a Note 3, but I really dislike the more recent Samsungs with those curved 'edge' displays. When my Note died on me I had to make a quick purchase, and chose the new Samsung A70.

It's only a mid-range device, but has a huge 6.7" FHD+ SAMOLED screen, under-screen fingerprint reader, 3.5mm headphone socket (a must for me too), three cameras (OK quality, nothing spectacular though), good 128GB / 6GB memory, massive 4500mA battery with very fast 25W USB-C charging, two-SIM cards plus an SD Card slot. It does everything I need of it, except wireless charging really (but the charging is so fast and the battery so good I don't miss that). The only downside is there is very little development community. It is rootable now, but there has been no ROM development that I know of. However for £369 (UK list price) it's a bit of a bargain.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for the answers. Due to unexpected circumstances, I won't be able to afford a phone like this in quite some time. I had to get a very cheap, very bad phone that nobody could ever want, just to have a phone and I guess I'll just have to live with that one for a (long) while. I'm glad it runs PA at all.

Archived