Suggestions and questions.

1. Is it possible to restore the "Play" option in the album long-press menu? Why doesn't it exist anymore?

2. The play icon that exists within album folders doesn't return to the main screen. Shouldn't it? And shouldn't a long-press "Play" option?

3. Could you restore an option to display a "Folders" link on the main page again?

4. If a long-press "Play" option is restored, can it be optional whether or not it resets or respects the currently set shuffle settings?

Play is now reach via tapping on the album/artist/etc, not long-pressing.

Folders is now much more logically simply one of the Library categories rather than an isolated entity of its own. Tap on the Library icon (lower-left) and select Folders or Folders Hierarchy (depending on your preference).

Andre

• 4 weeks later...

By "return to the home screen" do you mean you want o exit Poweramp and return to your device's home screen, or to you want to return to the main player screen when listening to your new track? If the latter, that is default behaviour (although it can be changed in Settings > Library > Lists).

To select an album for playback, just go to the album (or folder, or whatever you want to play) and tap the Play button at the top of the page. It's not hard, and it avoids having to long-press on an album title and select Play (now it's just a simple tap and then press Play, so easier than before).

Andre

It seems that selecting the first track returns me to the main screen and respects the shuffle setting that I already have set, which is nice.

However, I notice there is a row of options at the top of each album; a shuffle button, a play button, etc. Is pressing these buttons supposed to return me to the main screen as well? I would prefer them to; maybe it's because I'm still on Android 7, but they don't.

It would be nice if there was an option to decide where the library button goes. If I want it to go straight to folders, for instance, then my folders are always only one button press away.

I also notice there isn't an option to sort Albums by Album Artist, which is bad because plenty of soundtracks and compilations have songs where the tag is attributed to an individual artist, while the album artist is the name of the company/producer/series/film/etc. This doesn't really matter to me since I stick to the folder method, but it's something I noticed.

I don't know if the developer is reading this thread or not, so I'm not sure if saying this here will do any good.

Ah, I just checked, and using the Play or Shuffle buttons at the top of the screen does not take to you to the player screen after playback has started, which I thought it did. My bad, I usually just tap on the song title that I want to listen to - which if  you tap on the first song at the top of the list is very similar to pressing the Play button.

As you say though, tapping on an individual song title does not reset the current Repeat or Shuffle settings, although it does change the Category to match your current view (Album, Folder, Artist, etc), which is another reason I do it that way. The top buttons are specifically designed to Play the current category (e.g. Album) unshuffled, or to force Shuffling the Album, so naturally those will change the Shuffle mode to reflect what you are asking PA to do.

Andre

16 hours ago, chinagreenelvis said:

2. Choose what happens when the library button is pressed (go to library, or go to subsection i.e. folders)

This is already implemented. Go to the Library top level, then tap the three-dots menu icon and select List Options. Long-press on whichever category you want to be used for the default.

Andre

• 4 weeks later...

Archived