Sound Notification at start of songs

Carapapa66

Hi Community,

been searchin' for a while and couldn't find anything related, so i started a thread for it. If there were reglements violated by me pls go easy on me and tell me how it goes right. Thanks in advance.

Back 2 Topic:

I am experiencing issues with an upcoming notification sound when starting the first song in Poweramp and when skipping to the next one in queue too. Normally i don't have my phone "loud" because of using a smartwatch. But now as i do i get the same sound as for an incoming message f.e. when trying to hear my songs with Poweramp. But only at the beginning of the song.

I have unchecked the boxes at settings/Headset & Bluetooth/Beep and .../Vibrate too but doesn't seem to have any effect.
I have no idea what else i can do or where to tweak this. For me it has something to do with Poweramp and its settings.
Does anybody have a clue? I hope someone had same issue and helps me solving it.
Thank you in advance.

PS: Using Poweramp v3-build-841-arm64-play Full Version and Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F) with latest Android 9. No Root or Custom ROM

Poweramp should not generate notification sounds, however it does update the Notification/Status line when a new track is played, and I wonder if your device is triggering the sound for some reason? Try swiping the notification item in the pull-down menu at the top of the screen and check the Settings icon, notification sounds should be set to Silent.

Andre

• 1 year later...

It rather depends on exactly what "thing keeps ringing" - could you elaborate a little more?

I assume this happens every song change, it's not only when you manually change songs (if so, check Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Beep is not enabled)

Do you have any other apps installed which monitor notifications, scrobbling for example?

Andre

• 1 month later...

[Another Solution]

I've changed the settings mentioned above and it kept ringing the notification sound everytime it changed the song.

My solution was found at Notifications&Status Bar, I disabled the notifications for Poweramp app, probably it'll solve for other apps too.

Cheers and have a good day, I hope I have helped you.

• 2 weeks later...

@andrewilley Sorry but i didnt got any notifications about this thread so i forgot, 

On 10/14/2020 at 12:15 PM, andrewilley said:

It rather depends on exactly what "thing keeps ringing" - could you elaborate a little more?

I assume this happens every song change, it's not only when you manually change songs (if so, check Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Beep is not enabled)

Do you have any other apps installed which monitor notifications, scrobbling for example?

Yeah everytime the song changes the notification sound rings even if with the music, i dont know which ones monitor notifications but i dont have scrobbling and the scrobbling via last.fm i have both options disable

Archived