Poweramp
Sign in to follow this  
twinextralong

Order of compilation album tracks in queue

I have an issue where when I add a compilation with multiple artists into the queue (for example, something like the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack), they always end up out of album order. If I add the album to the queue from the search function, the tracks are added alphabetically by artist, and if I add the folder from the search, they go into the queue alphabetically by track name. When I click on the albums and start playing it from track one, outside the queue, it plays in proper order.

Is there a setting somewhere I've missed so that the tracks can enter the queue in their album order?

If you add a whole album to the queue, the tracks should be added using the sorting order for the albums songs level. i.e. the order you see the songs listed if you view the contents of the album in the library drill-down. It does depend on which category mode you are viewing in when you do the Add to Queue though (e,g. Folders may have a different song sorting order set compared to Albums)

Andre 

Thanks- it looks like it's happening because I like my albums library sorted by artist. I just switched it to sort by name, and now compilations add to the queue in the right order (track number). It seems the order by artist was affecting compilations even when I added them from the search function.