Poweramp
NicholasT

Classical, Composer and SmartLists

Hi,

My music library is mostly classical music and so I need to be able to browse by Composer > Album. That's my bare minimum requirement for a player and I'm not sure that Poweramp fills that need for me?

I would also really like to be able to create smart playlists that can use inclusion/exclusion logic on any tag.  E.g., WHERE Genre='Classical Piano' AND Period='Romantic' and then group the results by Composer, Artist or Album etc. But, I think I'm dreaming on that one? 

Is Poweramp for me or should I look at other options?

Cheers,

Nicholas

I don't think Poweramp will do what you want. I've not seen a Android music player that has that much smarts. The closest thing I've seen to this is a music server app called Logitech Media Server (LMS). It has versions that run on MacOS, Windows and Linux, but not Android or iOS.

First of all, is your music properly tagged? Eg mp3 artist, album tags are available?. Secondly, my app will not only create Poweramp playlist but also offers a query tool "smart playlists" that does exactly what you are looking for. Links in signature

Customisable library category sorting/grouping is sometime I have been asked for for a long time now, as it would solve most of the common requests for multi-category sorting levels, etc. 

Andre