combining tracks by artist that have multiple artist names in one tag

M Akmal

if it possible, it could be useful because some of tracks have more than one artist in one tag on their song (such as artist names separated by the word "feat.", commas, etc.)
I have several vocaloid songs in which the artist's tag contains the name of the author / composer accompanied by the name of the singer. I find it hard to play songs with the same composer at once because I have to make a playlist to combine all tracks into one. thanks for advance.

Screenshot_2019-08-16-16-39-13-59_345bb2134bfb84a7decceb0b36861421.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 11:05 PM, invaderzim said:

Check for proper tagging then use Album Artist category. It will combine all songs by halyosy. Make sure you have the AA tag per track.

Thank you for your reply, but this is not what i want. The albums have various artists inside it. Doing that actually makes the album break too. So I don't want to change the AA tag.

9 hours ago, M Akmal said:

Thank you for your reply, but this is not what i want. The albums have various artists inside it. Doing that actually makes the album break too. So I don't want to change the AA tag.

Not sure what you mean by breaks the album. What @invaderzim described is correct.

The Album Artist tag is specifically designed to ensure an album stays intact as one complete package, regardless of how many individual track artists it has. In many cases, the Album Artist tag in these mixed albums is simply "Various Artists" in my personal library.

But often times there are also cases where an album is by one main artist, while just one or two tracks may have duets, or featured artists. So most songs on an album like this will have the Album Artist and Artist matching, except the on the tracks that also contain the extra artist.

This should solve the problem you are describing @M Akmal.

Archived