Poweramp
Daniel Knoll

Installing skins on Fiio M9

Hello,

I'm very happy with Poweramp on my Fiio M9 DAP, but now I'm looking for a way to customize the look; specifically to get it to display larger album art and without text and icons on top of the album art. I have tried to download a couple of 3rd party skins as .apk, but can't install them on my player. Does anyone know if it's even possible to use 3rd party skins for Poweramp on the M9, and how to install them, since it has to be done without Google Play?

@Daniel Knollwhen you say they do not install, what actually happens. I know i can search for the spec but for the benefit of the forum users, what is the android version. As for how to install, if you have the .apk, just tapping it will start the install.

4 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

@Daniel Knollwhen you say they do not install, what actually happens. I know i can search for the spec but for the benefit of the forum users, what is the android version. As for how to install, if you have the .apk, just tapping it will start the install.

The Fiio M9 uses a "highly customized Android 7.0 system". The way to install apps on the M9 is to put the .apk file on the SD card and then in the File manager just tap the file. When I do this with the skin apk, it looks like it very briefly starts preparing to install, but then immediately aborts. Nothing more happens, and the skin is not installed.

It clearly has an issue. Did you try different skins? I have found that quite a number of skins do not install on Huawei with android v7.

hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone could point me to any alternative themes for the Fiio m9, specifically anything that would allow much smaller icons and text when navigating in folder view. 

i can't read enough of the folder/ filename!

any help greatly appreciated!