Poweramp won't read song tags on specific songs

Phiteros

I have a .flac version of the Frostpunk soundtrack, but Poweramp won't read the tags on it. It can locate the songs fine, but it lists them as "Unknown artist, uknown album". Even more strangely, it can read the .mp3 files of the songs fine, but the .flac files don't work.

If you can share the file (directly via Poweramp list / select / Send / Gmail / gpmaxmpz@gmail.com), I will test it, but most probably, file extension doesn’t match actual format (file named as foo.mp3 while it’s a flac or vice versa). Thanks!

• 4 months later...
20 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I don't have access to the sample files as you sent them directly to Max, but have you tried rewriting the problem tags using a computer program like TagScanner or MP3Tag? (on backups of the files obviously). FLAC files should normally be using Vorbis style tags.

Andre

it's strange, as Poweramp reads tags successfully (name,artist,album....), but in library it's still listed as unknown artist/album

IMG-20191219-WA0000.jpg

On 8/13/2019 at 7:30 AM, maxmp said:

If you can share the file (directly via Poweramp list / select / Send / Gmail / gpmaxmpz@gmail.com), I will test it, but most probably, file extension doesn’t match actual format (file named as foo.mp3 while it’s a flac or vice versa). Thanks!

Max, I have the same problem with all new songs uploaded to my phone. If I tag with the app, it appears, with the songs are tagged on Windows before uploading and all those songs has that problem

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 5:33 AM, andrewilley said:

Have you tried placing some of your music on internal memory rather than SD Card to see if it's a card-reading issue?

Andre

im sorry for the late response, my phone doesn't have an SD card slot so all my stuff is in my internal memory, had to rip my cd again but this time to lossless mp3 no problem so far

Archived