Option to "Remember Where I Was"

w3wilkes

If I go to Library -> Album Artists it always goes to the top of the list. It would be really nice if there where an option to remember where I was last in a view. If the last time I was in Album Artist I was in the "J"'s it would be cool if the next time I went to Album Artists it would go in at the "J" item I was at the last time I was there. I would think this would be a great feature for most, if not all,  of the Library -> Whatever categorizes. Thanks for the consideration!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

When you return to a list view after having listened to music for a bit, by design the view will be centred upon the currently playing track, not the previous one.

Andre

Doesn't seem to work this way when using the Queue. If i just finish listening to "Tommy" by "The Who" and have set "Stay in Queue" then go to Library -> Album Artists it goes back to the top of the list, which for me is "38 Special". If it does as you say it should go back to the "W" section.

14 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Doesn't seem to work this way when using the Queue.

The queue would change matters. The 'currently playing' position would now be somewhere in the Queue view, not in Library > Album Artists, as you are no longer playing Album Artists. Tap on the album artwork within the player screen and you should be taken to the currently playing song in the currently playing list. Once the queue has finished and playback has returned to normal, you should be taken to the song in the Albums Artists view (or whatever category you were playing before anyway).

Andre  

Archived