Poweramp Build 840-841

maxmp

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/9/2019 at 7:40 PM, maxmp said:

@superluig164 correct, see https://developer.android.com/preview/privacy/background-activity-starts for details. The limitation is due to inability to start any activity from "background" app.

As usually, there can be "workarounds", as soon as they are discovered, I think I reenable this, but at the moment it won't work. Thanks!

Thanks for the clear explanation, is not really a super deal breaker but i will miss being able to forward in a song without having ty unlock the phone lol

On 8/17/2019 at 1:47 AM, Prasad1337 said:

Sucks about the lockscreen.. feels like a huge step backwards! :(

Personally I feel that each new Android release gets closer and closer to the Apple philosophy or "we will tell you how it now works, and you will like it" (SD Card access keeps getting worse and more restrictive too). Which was precisely the reason I went with Android rather than iPhones in the first place.

Andre

21 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Personally I feel that each new Android release gets closer and closer to the Apple philosophy or "we will tell you how it now works, and you will like it" (SD Card access keeps getting worse and more restrictive too). Which was precisely the reason I went with Android rather than iPhones in the first place.

Andre

I feel this too.  It really sucks.  I hope either Google sees the light and fixes it, or something else comes about with the original Android vision that I can switch to.

@maxmp

I’ve been using Poweramp on my Fiio M11 perfectly, but I have two questions and I’m hoping that at least a fix is available for one of them at least because it is making me considering changing apps.

Recently I’ve got myself some DSD files, in which when I play using Poweramp the volume is extremely low (DVC is off, Hires output is on) when I play any other track, like a FLAC then the volume is loud and crisp but only DSD (DSF files) play at a volume that is way too low.

the same DSD in Fiio Music is played at an actual louder volume than the regular FLAC files, so I at least know it’s not the file. Any chance there will be a fix on the volume levels of DSD files? 

-

Another thing I’ve noticed with the 64 bit builds is that some visualisations play extremely laggy. When I switch to the 32 build then they are fine. On 64bit the app runs fine, it’s just visualisations are jumpy, and I noticed there is no 32 bit build for the latest release, which is concerning.

any idea about these issues I’m having?

EDIT: oh and I’m release 838, since that was the latest or last with a 32 bit build available. 

8 hours ago, mehrro said:

Recently I’ve got myself some DSD files, in which when I play using Poweramp the volume is extremely low

That's normal, there's a lot of DSD files and even PCM formats when it's on rates like 192k and up that are like this. I don't think I can explain but yeah it happens. To level the volume you probably should try using that thing called Replay Gain (or RG for short). I'm not sure of the proceedings since I don't use it but I know programs like foobar2000 and aimp for PC has a replay gain feature that scans and apply the tag for it.

8 hours ago, mehrro said:

Another thing I’ve noticed with the 64 bit builds is that some visualisations play extremely laggy.

The visualizations has some settings, maybe try the strict rendering option, or trying switching the crop aspect. There's the HD switch as well that you can try activating and deactivating for testing. I never had problems with the visualizations on 64bit builds so I'm saying just some things to try and see if something changes.

Thanks for the reply. If the DSD is meant to be like that, then how do you explain why Fiio Music player actually plays those DSD files louder than the FLAC files? 

Ill experiment with the Replay Gain, but hopefully it doesn’t also alter the volume of the FLAC files I have. Everything plays fine except the DSD, and as I mentioned other programs play them nice and loud, so I’m assuming it’s something within Poweramp.

In regards to the 64 bit, it’s strange that you don’t get lagginess on some of the visualisations. Some play fine but others are laggy, which I thought weren’t optimised for the 64 bit builds. I have the crop and HD turned on, it plays fine in 32bit but same settings, even if I turn them off, still cause lag in the visualisations.

7 hours ago, mehrro said:

If the DSD is meant to be like that, then how do you explain why Fiio Music player actually plays those DSD files louder than the FLAC files

It probably has some kind of replay Gain or other kind of pre amp speficially for DSD maybe. I do have a few albums that has replay Gain info and on my PC, they play with same loudness as others on aimp but on foobar I need to turn on the replay Gain for everything, which actually reduces the volume of other things a little and boost the ones that need until they match. On Poweramp they actually play fine as well, I think I have replay Gain by album activated.

7 hours ago, mehrro said:

I have the crop and HD turned on, it plays fine in 32bit but same settings, even if I turn them off, still cause lag in the visualisations.

I indeed never had problems with visualizations since the 64bit builds started, and I don't remember seeing people talking about this. I use just the HD slider, but even with crop aspect nothing changes on performance. Sometimes I go through visualizations when I'm bored and never had problems with any, so I probably can't help with that.

Maybe doing a clean install of your Poweramp? Or deactivating any kind of battery treatment for Poweramp (depending of the device it can kill the Poweramp process or slow it down to save battery and so on)? You probably should poke Andre or Max for this one

Was the option for a sample rate more than 96kHz taken out? Because the option was there before, and now it's not. I have no idea why. I had it the highest one (forgot which one it was) and just saw that it's at 44.1kHz, while it should be at the highest sample rate. It's been anabled and I was using it before, but I dunno what happened to it. I have a Galaxy S10+ running the latest Android version :)

Hello,

I have a small problem with playing with the Hidizs Sonata HD.

The device is recognized as a USB DAC and plays music as well as sound, there is nothing to complain about.

And now the problem, a few seconds after the display turns off, the sound is gone.

The player keeps running, does not pause or something similar.

As soon as the display is on again, the sound is also there again.

The same happens even if Poweramp is moved to the background and I write a message or something similar.

In these cases, the sound is always gone for 1 to 2 seconds and then back.

Poweramp does not pause the playback but only the sound transmission is gone.

My device is a Porsche Design Mate RS (Neo-L29)

Android 9 and EMUI 9.1, no root or other modifications.

Can someone help me to fix that please

On 8/18/2019 at 10:32 PM, andrewilley said:

Andre

Agreed. From devices to the OS, these manufacturers need to stop copying Apple awkward movements that even Apple fanboys don't like. Google's new slogan, "we're the same, but different, and those differences are coming to an end.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:46 PM, SynekPablo said:

Hello,

I have a small problem with playing with the Hidizs Sonata HD.

The device is recognized as a USB DAC and plays music as well as sound, there is nothing to complain about.

And now the problem, a few seconds after the display turns off, the sound is gone.

The player keeps running, does not pause or something similar.

As soon as the display is on again, the sound is also there again.

The same happens even if Poweramp is moved to the background and I write a message or something similar.

In these cases, the sound is always gone for 1 to 2 seconds and then back.

Poweramp does not pause the playback but only the sound transmission is gone.

My device is a Porsche Design Mate RS (Neo-L29)

Android 9 and EMUI 9.1, no root or other modifications.

Can someone help me to fix that please

The problem has resolved itself, I do not know how or what it was.

Everything works now as it should.

13 hours ago, Josezy said:

A question, do you need to be on the full version to enable 24bit/96khz and above?

I am on trial version and using Samsung Note10+ with Hidizs Sonata HD (Mode D firmware) but it is only detecting as 16bit/48khz.

I use the full version with my Note 10+ (Exynos) and I only get 24bit/48khz out with the included AKG USB-C headphones and also with my dongle (DAC in the dongle did output 192khz on my S9+) ... 

Screenshot_20190901-212518_Poweramp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2019 at 3:27 AM, ░▒▓█ クリス █▓▒░ said:

I use the full version with my Note 10+ (Exynos) and I only get 24bit/48khz out with the included AKG USB-C headphones and also with my dongle (DAC in the dongle did output 192khz on my S9+) ... 

Screenshot_20190901-212518_Poweramp.jpg

Hey there! Same problem, having a Galaxy S10(sd855) and Sonata HD(Firmware is D, supporting up to 192khz) . Poweramp recognized Sonata HD lightning fast , but Hi-res output can't go over 48khz/16bit even I had selected a higher sampling rate.

Screenshot_20190914-150736_Poweramp.png

On 8/21/2019 at 4:42 PM, Markolo said:

anyone using fiio m6 and getting some "vinyl" crackling sound on some songs?

I am using the M9 and have heard this in some songs when using Hi-Res output (through wired headset/AUX) with the sample rate setting at 192KHz. If I set that lower to 96KHz and I don't hear the crackling anymore.

That leads me to wonder:

1 - Is this crackling introduced somewhere in the re-sampling?

2 - Why is there no option for the sample rate to match the file?

Archived