Add "been played" option to shuffling

I frequently hear repeats when, in my situation, I shuffle songs. I assume this happens with all shuffle options. My suggestion is to maintain a list of files played during shuffling; hit a previously played file, jump to another file. My inclination is to reset the table each time a shuffle mode is selected. If it's easy to select "shuffle > no repeat play > no reset played list" great. 

+1

This would be a great enhancement for a given shuffled selection. By this I mean if you selected an artist and selected to shuffle all songs by that artist there would be no repeat of any song until all songs by that artist have been played. If you hadn't also selected repeat then playing would stop.

That is already the case. Shuffle mode will not repeat the same song within the current shuffled session, until the entire session has been played.

Check the track counter in the metadata line, it will start at 1 and progress all the way to the end of the total number of songs in the library if you have time to let it. Unless the shuffle mode is changed or playback reset anyway (which you can tell by seeing if the track counter returns to a new '1' again).

Andre

At what point is the shuffled list created? AFAIK, the process is to open something in a queue or playlist, let it run briefly, get to "shuffle songs" and there's the shuffled list. After that question, how do I trigger a new shuffle of the songs? That is, using the shuffled songs, and want to either shuffle the shuffled list or shuffle the original unshuffled list again. Think of it as "how do I get two bites at the shuffled apple?"

Making any changes to shuffle mode, or manually starting a new track from one of the Library screens will reset the shuffle order.

Changing Repeat mode will not trigger a re-shuffle, nor will using the >>, <<, etc next/prev track buttons (nor will swiping left/right on cover artwork, which does the same thing). 

Andre

If you have Repeat enabled, a reshuffle will occur when all of the songs in the current sequence have been played. i.e. each repeat session will have a newly randomised order.

To avoid the possibility you might hear that final song again immediately (I assume, anyway) the final song of the old order will be treated as track '1' of the new shuffle order, and playback will continue at position '2' in the shuffle sequence.

Andre 

Archived