Imbeded covers

Hello,

The covers are downloaded at the time of the audition of the piece of music.
It would be really useful to be able to integrate them in the tags as embedded pockets.
These integrations are only possible with specialized applications like the excellent Metatogger but require a lot of work.
Is it possible to rely on Poweramp to do this essential job for those who want to have a musical library at the top?

12 hours ago, institut said:

The covers are downloaded at the time of the audition of the piece of music.
It would be really useful to be able to integrate them in the tags as embedded pockets.

What does it mean to integrate a cover as "embedded pocket" ? 

Does this refer to the app "Pocket" ?

2 hours ago, blaubär said:

What does it mean to integrate a cover as "embedded pocket" ? 

Does this refer to the app "Pocket" ?

No need to be obtuse, English is obviously not @institut's first language - and frankly, without Google Translate, my own French is an awful lot worse than his/her English!

The original post is fairly obviously asking for a new feature for Poweramp to be able to save its downloaded cover artwork as embedded tags directly within audio files. This is a fairly common request, but in the past Max has indicated that he's not too keen on implementing it due to the amount of time it would take to save the data (which would interrupt playback) and the possibility of inadvertently damaging audio files. A manual option, perhaps included in the Info/Tags editor screen, might be nice though if Max decides to look at it again?

Andre

On 8/1/2019 at 9:03 AM, andrewilley said:

No need to be obtuse, English is obviously not @institut's first language - and frankly, without Google Translate, my own French is an awful lot worse than his/her English!

The original post is fairly obviously asking for a new feature for Poweramp to be able to save its downloaded cover artwork as embedded tags directly within audio files. This is a fairly common request, but in the past Max has indicated that he's not too keen on implementing it due to the amount of time it would take to save the data (which would interrupt playback) and the possibility of inadvertently damaging audio files. A manual option, perhaps included in the Info/Tags editor screen, might be nice though if Max decides to look at it again?

Andre

@André

Thank you André

You have perfectly summarized the situation.
Indeed, English is not my language and I was probably misunderstood.
To be clearer, to enrich my music library, I use Metatogger under Windows 10. An excellent tag manager that allows to record just about all the info about a song or an album. Among the tags, there are two that I use particularly.
Metatogger is able to find, download and embed lyrics in the file
Then, Metatogger allows embedding photos but cons, does not know how to find them on the web as can do Poweramp. We must find them either, download them and then indicate the file to Metatogger, which is very tedious

Hence my question.
Is that clearer ?

Yes, that was what I understood your question to mean, however this is not currently available in Poweramp, and as I said in my first reply the developer is rather reluctant to implement it for the reasons given above. I think there are other programs that can do this sort of thing though (my main CD ripping program searches the net for suitable images and offers to embed them as part of the MP3 creation process).

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, that was what I understood your question to mean, however this is not currently available in Poweramp, and as I said in my first reply the developer is rather reluctant to implement it for the reasons given above. I think there are other programs that can do this sort of thing though (my main CD ripping program searches the net for suitable images and offers to embed them as part of the MP3 creation process).

Andre

OK, and what is the name of your CD ripping program ?

I'll jump in here. I use DBPoweramp for my ripper on Windows 10. It rips to about any format you want (FLAC, MP3 CBR/ABR/VBR, WAV, etc), get's tag info from several sources, will get album art and you can either embed the art in the music files or you can have it just place the art in the album folder as "Folder.jpg" and uses a "AccurateRip" database that verifies the rip (EAC also uses AccurateRip). In my opinion DBPoweramp is the best ripper out there, I'd put EAC in 2nd place.

It's possible, but not in auto/mass mode (as files can be as large as many gigabytes so rewriting it takes considerable time, and mobile app can be killed at any time without any notice, for example, while rewriting the file) and there will be broken forever tracks (due to broken tags). This is the main cause stopping me for adding it into Poweramp (which is a mobile app).

6 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

I'll jump in here. I use DBPoweramp for my ripper on Windows 10. It rips to about any format you want (FLAC, MP3 CBR/ABR/VBR, WAV, etc), get's tag info from several sources, will get album art and you can either embed the art in the music files or you can have it just place the art in the album folder as "Folder.jpg" and uses a "AccurateRip" database that verifies the rip (EAC also uses AccurateRip). In my opinion DBPoweramp is the best ripper out there, I'd put EAC in 2nd place.

+1

dBpoweramp has a great CD Ripper, and can reliably confirm accurate results for almost every CD out there.

19 hours ago, maxmp said:

It's possible, but not in auto/mass mode (as files can be as large as many gigabytes so rewriting it takes considerable time, and mobile app can be killed at any time without any notice, for example, while rewriting the file) and there will be broken forever tracks (due to broken tags). This is the main cause stopping me for adding it into Poweramp (which is a mobile app).

Hello,

I looked at DBPoweramp and it does not answer my problem because I do not handle CDs but mp3 or flac files.
I understood that Poweramp could not make a change to tags without risks.
But, silly question, it might be possible to have a 'small' function that would save the cover as a jpg file ?. it would avoid having to search the net and it would already be a great progress

If you're just looking for cover art you can find almost all art either at amazon.com or allmusic.com. Then search on album or artist. Once you've got the art you want you can use MP3Tag to embed it in the MP3 files or you can just leave it as a stand alone file in the album folder.

Poweramp's downloaded cover art JPEG files can be found on your device's storage in /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/album_art . Each image file is named to match the music file that it refers to. You can find artist images in a similar artist_art folder too.

Andre

12 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

If you're just looking for cover art you can find almost all art either at amazon.com or allmusic.com. Then search on album or artist. Once you've got the art you want you can use MP3Tag to embed it in the MP3 files or you can just leave it as a stand alone file in the album folder.

Thank you for info

That's exactly what I do but it's tedious because you have to do the research, save and then nest.  I already used Mp3tag with my Android.  But, the app has problems with tag crashes and spreading on other files.  I much prefer to use Metatogger with Windows.  The app is very powerful and without any bug.  Most importantly, she does batch processing.  I advise you to try it and you will tell me what you think?

6 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Poweramp's downloaded cover art JPEG files can be found on your device's storage in /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/album_art . Each image file is named to match the music file that it refers to. You can find artist images in a similar artist_art folder too.

Andre

Perfect, it is a solution I'll try

6 hours ago, institut said:

Thank you for info

That's exactly what I do but it's tedious because you have to do the research, save and then nest.  I already used Mp3tag with my Android.  But, the app has problems with tag crashes and spreading on other files.  I much prefer to use Metatogger with Windows.  The app is very powerful and without any bug.  Most importantly, she does batch processing.  I advise you to try it and you will tell me what you think?

I was referring to MP3Tag for Windows, not an Android app. I do all my ripping and tag maintenance on Windows where I keep the master copy of my music library.

On 8/7/2019 at 9:56 AM, andrewilley said:

Andre

Hello André

I reviewed the folders.  The artist_art folder interests me but does not quite answer what I'm looking for.  In this folder, are kept images of artists who can serve me.  But what I'm trying to recover is the external image of the album cover that Poweramp offers me and that I chose (apart from the one that is imbeded). 

Is it possible to find this image somewhere in the mobile folder, which would be perfect.?

screenshot 1  I choose artist ABBA. The picture artist is displayed. OK, I know where to pick up

Screenshot 2  I choose a file. The imbeded cover is displayed. OK, this picture is mine

Screenshot 3  I look for an other cover proposed by Poweramp

Screenshot 4  I choose one of them

Screenshot 5  The new cover is displayed. Where can I copy this cover?

Screenshot_20190809_094849_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Screenshot_20190809_094913_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Screenshot_20190809_094927_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Screenshot_20190809_095014_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Screenshot_20190809_095029_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived