Hires unsupported on Acoustic Research M2

henrywil

Hi Max, I have just recently tried Poweramp on Acoustic Research M2 and found it was unable to support hires DAC (burrbrown PCM1794a) in it.

All I get is OpenSL ES or Audiotrack output, there is no Hires output.

The version I tried is alpha 704 and 709, cause this AR-M2 latest Android OS is still jellybean.
Is there any plan to support this hires music player, and is there any way to install Poweramp v3 in it. I've tried to install v3 but it got me parse error.

https://www.whathifi.com/acoustic-research/m2/review

Unfortunately, the current release of Poweramp requires a minimum of Android 5.0. Jellybean is basically obsolete now, but you can still run the legacy v2 Poweramp on it, or the early test builds of V3 prior to the new interface being added (which is where the Android 5.0 minimum comes from). There are no plans to make any code changes to v2 now, or to revise old beta builds I'm afraid. If 709 doesn't work for you, there is no way to get high-res from Poweramp with your current ROM. Sorry.

Andre

Thanks for your reply @andrewilley. I have no complaint regarding the resampling quality with SoX setting and low shibata dithering.

One more question, since I can't install google play in this AR M2, is it possible for me to buy Poweramp v2 from powerampapp.com? I saw the buy link says v3.

Archived