Bluetooth shortcuts

teorouge

Hello, I'm using latest PA3 builds from beta program In Google Play and I couldn't find a way to achieve that:

- While I'm listening to a given album or artist discography, how can I set PA up so I can double/triple click a bluetooth device button and swap to whole collection (I mean all the music in my device) shuffle?

- While in whole collection shuffle, can I switch to single album mode for the album the currently playing song is in? Always via bluetooth shortcut as in previous request.

Thanks for any help.

Some Bluetooth connections allow for double-press on the advance button to change tracks (worked fine for me on my old KitKat phone, seems a bit less reliable on Android 9). Make sure the options in Settings > Headset/Bluetooth are set appropriately.

You can't change playback category or shuffle mode from the Bluetooth interface (only from the phone display), but if your device supports Android Auto then you can do it from there.

Andre

Thanks, I've been using another MP3 player app (not naming that unless you ask me) and there was an option which allows you to map a "Switch to whole device shuffle play mode" to a double/triple bt device button press and that worked flawlessly, and you could also revert it through another double/triple press and get back to single album playback mode. I tried doing that in PA and I couldn't find a similar thing but maybe it's due to a bad translation... I'll try changing to English and check back through the customization options. As I use that while driving a spoken command would even be better but that's just wishful thinking... :)

Thanks for the request. Headset/bluetooth actions assignment is a planned feature. Currently one/two/three clicks pause/resume/change tracks, but for double/triple clicks and clicks to << >> on some devices it will be good to have assignable actions like shuffle mode changing.

54 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Thanks for the request. Headset/bluetooth actions assignment is a planned feature. Currently one/two/three clicks pause/resume/change tracks, but for double/triple clicks and clicks to << >> on some devices it will be good to have assignable actions like shuffle mode changing.

Any plans to improve headset button handling too?

Like a lot of people, I use a three-button wired headset, but as my newer Galaxy A70 phone isn't rooted I can't properly tweak the responses for the +/- buttons to operate playback control like I did on my old Note 3 (so that single presses do next/prev track, double-click does next/prev category, and press-and-hold  provides fast-forward and rewind functionality). It is really frustrating that I can no longer do this. [Samsung - why create a duplication of the already-existing on-device volume keys when there are better uses for those headset  buttons?]

I used a little test app called KeyTest (https://github.com/chrisboyle/keytest/downloads) which shows that it's perfectly possible for a non-rooted app to both intercept and differentiate between on-device volume buttons and the +/- keys on a headset cable, so I assume it shouldn't be hard for PA to use the same code to provide better button functionality (as an option of course, I'm sure that not everyone wants the same functionality that I do). 

Andre

• 2 years later...