Purchase License Question Fiio M11

harvest

There  appears to be little information out there about licensing Poweramp on a device that has no email, no account of any kind, and no Google Play Store.  The device in question is the Fiio M11, which I have noticed has been tried and is being used by other users.  So it must be possible to get a valid license/unlocker.  It's not clear to me how this is done.  I have purchased the app on my phone through the Play Store, but obviously that won't work in this case.  I have another Hotmail email account that I access on my desktop PC.  Can I use that  email account to order the unlock from the  Poweramp web site even though the M11 device wont have any idea about that email?  In general, how the heck can I get a full version of Poweramp on the Fiio M11 and what do I need to do to ensure the purchase won't be a waste of time and money?  Thanks in advance.  Hopefully somebody who has the M11  and Poweramp installed can fill me in with the procedure.  

29 minutes ago, harvest said:

There  appears to be little information out there about licensing Poweramp on a device that has no email, no account of any kind, and no Google Play Store.  

In short, the reason that there is little information is that it can't be done. Whatever method you use to install and validate a licence for Poweramp, you need an internet connection for the duration of the validation process (which can be up to 24-48 hours in some cases, although this is normally a lot shorter with PA v3 than it was with v2). After that's done, you can then use the device and Poweramp without an internet connection.

See http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323557-is-internet-connection-required and http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323571-unlocker-without-google-account

Andre

Thanks for the info, but the M11 does have an internet connection, but that's about it.  No play store, no account, no email.  I can download anything, visit web sites etc.  The issue for me is that when you purchase Poweramp on the web site, you need to provide an email, but the device doesn't do email or accounts in general so back to the question I asked, can I use a hotmail email from my PC to license Poweramp even though the M11 device doesn't do emails?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have another kind of problem

I purchased  months ago Poweramp with google play for my mobile phone

Now I would like to move the licence  from mobile to my new Fiio M11, no need to support multiple devices,.  I just want to use PA on M11

I installed V3 and I have internet connection but I didn't succeed to activate the licence. The error message report to me reasons unknow/unknow

Please could you help me telling step by step what I have to do?

Do I have to buy another copy to have an ID?

You can only use a Google Play purchase (which is multi-device) on devices which have Google Play installed, and you need to that Google account set up on each device you want to use.

For any devices that do not have Google Play, you'd need to purchase separately, directly from the website. That type of licence is for a single device though, so to move the purchase to a new device then any existing one would need to be de-registered. That's completely independent of any Google Play licence of course.

Andre

Hello 

Poweramp is also available in Huawei's App Gallery. 

If you download the app from the App Gallery you have to pay again. 

So that the app can continue to be usable after the test phase. 

Why should I pay again to unlock an app just because I downloaded it from the App Gallery? 

Is this a small problem that will be fixed soon or so wanted?. 

• 10 months later...

Archived