Batch tag editing

I would like to be able to select multiple tracks and edit them together, i have many albums with the wrong tags but at the moment I'm having to edit one track at a time instead of being able to select all files from the same album and edit them together. Should be simple but it's not.

Use a batch tag editor, there are tons around. It's not really the remit of a music player to get too deeply into heavyweight file editing (if indeed a player even supports it at all, most don't) any more that it's a photo editor's task to play music just because you are editing an album cover.

I use TagScanner on my PC for this sort of task, but there are others - MP3TAG for example. There are even phone apps that can do it, although it really is a very much easier task on a decent sized screen with mouse and keyboard interfaces..

Andre

Please read what I wrote, and which I stand by: "There are even phone apps that can do it, although it really is a very much easier task on a decent sized screen with mouse and keyboard interfaces". So yes you can do it on a phone app, but like video/image editing, graphic/web design, and other things it's never going to be as easy as if you have access to more suitable technology.

I don't know whether Max might add batch tag saving for at least current album to PA in future, but I'm pointing out that sometimes it's counter-productive to try to be all-things-to-all-people and you end up with a bloated app.

Andre

On 7/18/2019 at 11:51 AM, andrewilley said:

I don't know whether Max might add batch tag saving for at least current album to PA in future, but I'm pointing out that sometimes it's counter-productive to try to be all-things-to-all-people and you end up with a bloated app.

Andre

I completely agree that tag editing is best done on a desktop OS. I'm currently using Musicbee, but Poweramp doesn't read ratings done in Musicbee. Any idea of a Windows tagger whose ratings can be read by Poweramp?

Archived