The Music - What Are You Listening to?

w3wilkes

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Toad the Wet Sprocket / Fear. A great Pop/Rock album from 1991. As an aside, listening in the car with my 6 year old granddaughter when she said "that song has bad words Papa" so I had to skip the track. Still a great album.

Folder.jpg.ff44a8a5033fcf8fba03f65395d3d8f9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@MotleyG very nice 😎, if you set navbar (and android navbar) to transparent and album blur on it will blow your mind

@flyingdutchman I have the seekbar set to gradient with an opaque colour, just to have some fill behind the bar. It matches my car interior lighting nicely. With your last update, the icon colour selection is also restored. So thanks for that.

But if this gradient could include the album art, THAT would blow my mind🤯! Otherwise with the gradient applied album art is already ignored.

• 2 weeks later...

This gal has a fantastic voice and all the music on this album is of her own making. I'd call it Pop/Rock - Indie with a burlesque kind of sound and some pretty sassy lyrics. To get the album out it was funded by her fans through KickStarter. It's at least 4.5 stars!

Folder.jpg

Was scrolling through my albums and hit on this oldie. What a great listen! It generated a lot of controversy in the Christian and Jewish worlds when it was released as I recall, I was 19 at the time. It was initially banned by the BBC as being sacrilegious and was also banned in Russia in 2012 for some time, but I think Putin has since reversed that banning. My personal opinion is that this does a fairly good job of representing the last few days of Jesus' life. Much of it centers around Judas Iscariot and his betrayal of Jesus depicting him much less villainous than the Bible does.

Folder.thumb.jpg.44efb5af181ca62ebd26bcd3e1694a47.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Funny thing... Our grandson, who's 10, wanted an MP3 player for Christmas. We had one that doesn't get used because we now have all our music on our phones for when we're away from home. Since we had the original box and all the stuff for the MP3 player we wrapped it up for him for Christmas. I bought a 256GB MicroSD card and put all our music on it and I asked him what his favorite songs were. He said "Monster - Skillet" and "Blue - Eifel 65". I'll admit I'd not heard of either band. Well, being an album type person I bought both the Skillet - Awake and Eifel 65 - Europop albums that have his favorite songs and put them on his player too. Yesterday I put both these albums on while we were running some errands. I might listen to Eifel 65 again sometime, but "Skillet - Awake" is a right fine album that I've spun up a few times now. I'd give it a full 4 of 5 stars! Oh, the grandson is tickled with his "new" MP3 player!

Folder.thumb.jpg.87824edcd60165bc39424d3116dd91a2.jpg