Jump to content

Retro Black skin for Poweramp V3


Recommended Posts

@Jurtaani Adding a skin does not increase the workload or slow down you device - after all, there is always some sort of skin in operation, even if it's one of the supplied default ones. Obviously is does take up a bit of memory to store, but pretty-much trivial given the capacity of modern devices.

Whether any given skin works on some hypothetical completely redesigned interface in the distant future would be up to the skin's author as to whether they want to update their skin or not. For example, when PA v3 was first released many of the existing v2 skin authors had already moved on to other projects and didn't bother re-writing their old v2 skins to accommodate all the v3 changes and added features.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@Jurtaani Adding a skin does not increase the workload or slow down you device - after all, there is always some sort of skin in operation, even if it's one of the supplied default ones. Obviously is does take up a bit of memory to store, but pretty-much trivial given the capacity of modern devices.

Whether any given skin works on some hypothetical completely redesigned interface in the distant future would be up to the skin's author as to whether they want to update their skin or not. For example, when PA v3 was first released many of the existing v2 skin authors had already moved on to other projects and didn't bother re-writing their old v2 skins to accommodate all the v3 changes and added features.

Andre

No i meant that the specific fix needed that made this theme to work, and not the skins in general. 

For example of there is not some bigger updates on this app for the next few years, that would give reasons to brand it as v4 or something else on Android side. 

Meaning that the current fix continues to work for this skin. Would it be possible to keep it on the code for as long as there is no big updates on the app or Android itself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jurtaani said:

Would it be possible to keep it on the code for as long as there is no big updates on the app or Android itself. 

That's the general idea, yes. There were some necessary changes a couple of builds ago which broke some skin features, but they were quickly identified and worked around - either in the core app or by skin authors.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@andrewilley to be honest, the time and effort spent on creating and maintaining a skin does not make it commerciallly viable at all so I can understand why Ductamine no longer appears to maintain them.

In the meantime, I am giving it a go to create something similar using Adobe Illustrator. Anyone out there who is able to provide vector graphics similar to the ones showing in the retro skin please get in touch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/28/2022 at 6:52 PM, flyingdutchman said:

@andrewilley to be honest, the time and effort spent on creating and maintaining a skin does not make it commerciallly viable at all so I can understand why Ductamine no longer appears to maintain them.

In the meantime, I am giving it a go to create something similar using Adobe Illustrator. Anyone out there who is able to provide vector graphics similar to the ones showing in the retro skin please get in touch.

Although those assets can be done with vector drawables i think this skin is using 9 patch png images.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...