MQA support and bit perfect

BROKEN

Hello, DRM protected lossy MQA is inferior to pure lossless FLAC or other lossless format and needed basically just for (Tidal) streaming, which is currently out of Poweramp scope. MQA decoders are not available in open source and can be only licensed for $ (meaning paid plugin for Poweramp, as it’s not possible to retrospectively pay for millions of downloads). Thanks!

12 hours ago, maxmp said:

Hello, DRM protected lossy MQA is inferior to pure lossless FLAC or other lossless format and needed basically just for (Tidal) streaming, which is currently out of Poweramp scope. MQA decoders are not available in open source and can be only licensed for $ (meaning paid plugin for Poweramp, as it’s not possible to retrospectively pay for millions of downloads). Thanks!

I own MQA flac files. Are you able to implement a paid plugin for Poweramp? Or is this something the majority of your users will not use?

I don't mind paying 3.99 for this plug-in.

• 1 year later...
On 7/3/2019 at 10:30 AM, BROKEN said:

I own MQA flac files. Are you able to implement a paid plugin for Poweramp? Or is this something the majority of your users will not use?

I don't mind paying 3.99 for this plug-in.

Same as UAPP, make it a paid plugin. Would definitely pay for it.

@BROKEN bit perfect will be possible only for USB-DACs connected with app specific USB driver (thus no any other Androids sounds, like notification or ringtone) and analog volume control. It may be also possible for Android devices with some digital audio output, or e.g. hdmi ouput (48kHz only though). This is very narrow use case, this is why Poweramp to the date relies on system provided USB driver, which gives both Hi-Res + DVC capabilities and able to mix Android system sounds as well (and much less buggy vs app specific USB drivers).

20 hours ago, maxmp said:

@BROKEN bit perfect will be possible only for USB-DACs connected with app specific USB driver (thus no any other Androids sounds, like notification or ringtone) and analog volume control. It may be also possible for Android devices with some digital audio output, or e.g. hdmi ouput (48kHz only though). This is very narrow use case, this is why Poweramp to the date relies on system provided USB driver, which gives both Hi-Res + DVC capabilities and able to mix Android system sounds as well (and much less buggy vs app specific USB drivers).

While I understand the narrow (and buggy) use case of such thing. I think there are a fair chunk of user who would love to have this feature, even if it is available to usb-dacs. (And this isn't the first time such request has been on board)

Apps like HibyMusic also support this well though even if it is as limited as you said, why Poweramps doesn't. 

id like bit perfect output too I use it in "USB Audio Player Pro" when i go into airplane mode. It would remove a lot of the guessing as to "whats my level, gain, am i clipping etc etc" that i am struggling to get the hang of with Poweramp.

Power amp is more what i use when in phone mode and want to take calls etc and power amp also plays my 96/24 WAV stream and UAPP doesnt play it.

Archived