Switching Poweramp Library via SD Card

FormatFriend

Hello everyone I'm new to this whole forum board thing. I use Poweramp on my phone as my music media player preference. I have a 128 GB SD Card that is inserted and that contains all my Poweramp music. I have just bought a 256 GB SD Card as I'm running out of room on my 128 Card. I want to transfer my current music library to the 256 Card while keeping my playlist set up on my Poweramp. Simply put, I dont want to have to create 400 playlists again. I assume if I just drag and drop transfer the music from 128 Card to 256 Card I'll have those songs and Poweramp will recognize them but they will no longer be organized in my created playlist. If anyone has a idea or maybe solution for me that would greatly appreciated. Cheers :)

55 minutes ago, FormatFriend said:

just drag and drop transfer the music from 128 Card to 256 Card

Yes, as long as you ensure that Poweramp is able to scan the folders where you have your music and playlists. Poweramp is intelligent enough to go through your playlists and figure out location.

On 6/29/2019 at 8:28 PM, flyingdutchman said:

Poweramp is intelligent enough to go through your playlists and figure out location.

There have been code updates to make this process smoother, but there is still the risk of losing internal playlists when you install a new SD Card (even with the same contents) as Android will give it a new name. Before doing the swap, I would suggest the user backs up any internal lists to External files, just in case.

Andre

Archived