Minimal - Simple & Clean Poweramp V3 Skin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/3/2019 at 5:49 AM, Chubby Doughnut said:

I just downloaded this skin along with getting a new phone. So far, I love it so much! My only complaint/question is would it be possible to move the top buttons down right above the title and track info?

+1 !

very nice skin! 

it seems to me that having both seekbar and waveseek (in particolar the static one) is somehow useless, it would be nice to have an option to hide it (the seekbar) 

the icons on the bottom looks quite small, could be difficult to hit them while driving... 

S. 

On 8/2/2019 at 11:49 PM, Chubby Doughnut said:

I just downloaded this skin along with getting a new phone. So far, I love it so much! My only complaint/question is would it be possible to move the top buttons down right above the title and track info?

Please don't change this. The minimal skin is the only one with these less used buttons out of the way and not the center of focus. I much prefer the current layout with the metadata below the artwork, the function buttons at the very top, and the access buttons at the very bottom.

1 minute ago, MotleyG said:

Please don't change this. The minimal skin is the only one with these less used buttons out of the way and not the center of focus. I much prefer the current layout with the metadata below the artwork, the function buttons at the very top, and the access buttons at the very bottom.

Actually, a request I would like to see is an option to choose a second colour for the top and bottom buttons. This would help to compliment the main colour choice. The top buttons should keep the base colour when off, and use the second colour when active. The bottom buttons can always be the second colour.

On 8/15/2019 at 2:16 AM, MotleyG said:

It doesn't have to be a permanent change, but I think it should at least be an option.

Great skin - the cleanest I've yet come across. Just one complaint: when you hide the top buttons (which I like to do as I never use them), the track counter is placed over the album art, and if said art happens to be white or light blue/grey it can be very hard to see. Perhaps add a thin dark outline to the text, or else move it to above the track title (there seems to be some room there)?

screenshot1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi I really love the look of this skin but my play pause and seek buttons are cut off due to the low resolution of my device (FiiO X7 mark II). This has a 3.97 inch screen of 480x800 resolution. If you could please adjust the skin so it fits my size that would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot_2019-09-25-18-54-00.png

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/30/2019 at 6:56 PM, MotleyG said:

Small detail that has changed since PA V942 update, the album artwork has moved up on the screen and the top buttons now appear over that artwork. Below is a larger gap before the seekbar and text info.

So, is this still happening on the most recent Poweramp version until now? Build 844... I kinda want to get this but that bug would make me uncomfortable all the time, lol

17 hours ago, ScarletNeko said:

So, is this still happening on the most recent Poweramp version until now? Build 844... I kinda want to get this but that bug would make me uncomfortable all the time, lol

As of 844, yes. I know @flyingdutchman is working on it now with his Yaps skins. Not sure about any others.

@MotleyG and @ScarletNeko, my Yaps skin has no margins top, left, right so it covers the full width. In addition you can hide the rating and menu icon so you have a nice clean look.

For those wanting a margin, there is an option to set small, medium or large margin and if that is not enough, you can also choose to set the corners to either very small, small, medium, large or full circle

I have not found that the latest Poweramp updates have affected the position of albumart though

51 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@MotleyG@ScarletNeko  I have not found that the latest Poweramp updates have affected the position of albumart though

@flyingdutchmanThis is the same issue I sent to you about the TopSubAAButtons buttons. Those are in the correct place, but the album art is shifted up and floating below these icons. I also notice it has greater a large gap from below the art to the top of the song title text. So I do believe this was something that was changed in the layout details when @maxmp made some of the recent changes.

G

Screenshot_20191008-161818.png

7 hours ago, MotleyG said:

As of 844, yes.

I actually like this at the point I'm willing to get it even bugged, if isn't a problem could you please share a screenshot of the main player screen, how it is with the skin right now? Would be nice if it's two pictures, one with the buttons enabled and one with them off

My phone has a really long screen so my main concern now is the larger gap that appears below between the seekbar and audio info...

1 hour ago, ScarletNeko said:

I actually like this at the point I'm willing to get it even bugged, if isn't a problem could you please share a screenshot of the main player screen, how it is with the skin right now? Would be nice if it's two pictures, one with the buttons enabled and one with them off

@ScarletNeko if the top icons are turned off, all looks great. If they are on, the artwork shifts up and the icons are floating over the top edge of the image. Not a deal breaker, I'm sure it will get corrected between the skin and app developers. @Ducktamine @maxmp

Screenshot_20191009-203446.png

Screenshot_20191009-203427.png

On 10/9/2019 at 9:43 PM, MotleyG said:

if the top icons are turned off, all looks great.

Thanks for sending the screens, it actually helped me to decide and I bought it. It really does look as cool as I was expecting and I don't really use the bugged buttons (at least not a lot) so switched them off. Cool stuff @Ducktamine

The dark themes are amazing with the available accent colors as well, but since I'm on an IPS screen the white is it's strong point XD

6 hours ago, ScarletNeko said:

Thanks for sending the screens, it actually helped me to decide and I bought it. It really does look as cool as I was expecting and I don't really use the bugged buttons (at least not a lot) so switched them off. Cool stuff @Ducktamine

The dark themes are amazing with the available accent colors as well, but since I'm on an IPS screen the white is it's strong point XD

Good stuff @ScarletNeko. With my device's OLED display (LG G8) the dark themes are very vibrant, and use less power as well when mostly black. And since I mostly use it for in-car use, the colour combinations match my Buick Regal's cyan dash lighting. Glad these pics helped. You can also do a lot with @flyingdutchman Yaps skins, almost every element can be customized individually.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I don't know if the skill will really get updates anymore (I hope so), but if it does, other than that upper buttons overlapping the album art thing, there's the streaming indicator that got introduced in the build 850 or 851 of Poweramp.

It actually gets kinda lost when using the skin. Maybe move it to the center of the screen? Under the audio metadata would look nice in my opinion.

There's too maybe a way to do some optimizing on the seekbar when on streaming, since streaming is, well, endless...

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 6:38 AM, ScarletNeko said:

Well I don't know if the skill will really get updates anymore (I hope so), but if it does, other than that upper buttons overlapping the album art thing, there's the streaming indicator that got introduced in the build 850 or 851 of Poweramp.

@Ducktamine any chance you will be updating the skins to fix these?

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Ducktamine,

thanks for your great work on this minimal skin.

It was your effort with this skin, that makes me use Poweramp again. I disliked too many aspects of the V3 but you brought back enough V2ishness so that I now can enjoy PA again.

I just have one thing that I eould like to change:

Almost all the font sizes are almost too small for me to read since I have not full eyesight anymore.

So question:

What can I do to change font sizes on lists, player UI etc.?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived