Windows10

Angela Dodds

Go afternoon to the peeps out there. When I started collecting music, as I only had a laptop (ASUS 17.5"), I started out with Media Monkey.  When started using my mobile devices for my music, did a Google search for better player.I took a chance & downloaded Poweramp.  It only took me a week to realised just how great this player is so I purchased the unlocker  and have enjoyed it very much for the past 4 or 5 years. Due to age (72), I have more difficulty reading the screenpages, so I'm being kinda forced to move back to my Acer AIO 24" or my ASUS 17.5" laptop.  Does P/A have any thoughts of a Windows 10 version  coming out in near future? If not, does anyone here have any idea what the next best music player for win 10. Be advised that I don't care if I have to pay as I hate adds anyway, also I am really not happy with music monkey player. Also I am seeking to find a player that checks for duplicates.  Just a little FYI, I have over a thousand songs ( not one is pirated & I have the CDs to prove it [retired drummer]) & due to my many genres, Blue, Rockabilly  & R&R. With that said, I would love to get a player that sorts out duplicates in all folders except "songs", "titles" or "trackes". Sorry I got a bit longwinded, but I hope you can help me .  Poweramp is my first choice. Thanks all. Cheers Oldbroad Angela Dodds 

2 hours ago, Angela Dodds said:

Does P/A have any thoughts of a Windows 10 version  coming out in near future?

No, Poweramp uses Android, nothing else.

If not, does anyone here have any idea what the next best music player for win 10.

The obvious candidate as a replacement would be Neutron, that's available on Android, iOs and Windows. Compared to Poweramp its focus lies more on advanced audio features and less on UI gimmicks.

It only took me a week to realised just how great this player is

It also will take you a week to get used to Neutron, though.

1 hour ago, Angela Dodds said:

Does P/A have any thoughts of a Windows 10 version  coming out in near future? If not, does anyone here have any idea what the next best music player for win 10.

I don't think you'll ever see PA for Windows. That being said, I'd say Logitech Media Server (LMS) with Squeezeplayer is what you want on Win10. The LMS is just a music server and not a player so you'll also need the Squeezeplayer to actually do the rendering of the music stream from the Logitech Media Server. You can have many players for a single LMS all over your house and sync them or have each one play a different stream from the LMS server. It has full support for everything that PA has on Android like gapless playback and maybe a little more. It keeps BPM in it's database if you have it tagged as Integer (whole number). Has a web server that is accessible through a browser for full control of the system. Just google Logitech Media Server and you should be able to find all you need to know. Did I mention that it's free. I will also say that I have no skin in the LMS game other than it's what I use for my home system.

When you need an audio player for Windows 10, foobar2000 is the only player you need. Among it's many features are gapless playback, cd ripping and burning. Transcoding from any lossless format to any lossy format. File integrity checking and mp3 header repair. A library function that allows you to quickly find any track, artist, album in your collection. Also full replay gain support. Media server / player. This is PA's equivalent in the Windows world.

Archived