Hi Res output curious thing on huawei p smart 2019 (pot xl3)

Gappy201

Well, like 2 days ago I found out that Poweramp has a choice for Hi res audio output (using this app for 2 years and I just found out, dumb af), The thing is that I do not have the option, it's completely missing, reading other articles in the forum looks like this problem is for huawei phones , only DAC and Bluetooth are enabled,searching and looking for old versions I found one in which I have the options enabled (wired and speker), specifically version 790 uni arm v7a, if it were for me I would use this version but it is very bugged and only has a few options, I would like to know if there is any way they can implement the option in the future.

Screenshot_20190620_111228_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Screenshot_20190620_111215_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Screenshot_20190620_113802.jpg

Poweramp 790 is an old alpha-test release, which supported an early version high-res output. However it did not error-check to see if the high-res was actually working, and allowed that menu option to be selected on many devices which did not actually support it properly. Please update to the current release (build 832) and report whether that works in the relevant Hi-Res threads

Andre

Hi Andre, thanks for the reply. 

I recently update to 832 and this options are totally gone :(,  in 790 when in enable the hi Res 24 bit 192 option I really hear a big difference more with flac files, sounds wayyy better. And yes p smart have hi res audio in his specifications  , even my older p10 have this options enabled with the last update (832) 😢 

Then as I said, please raise this in the high-res requests discussion thread. I still suspect 790 was not actually outputting in full high-res though, even if it offered the option and did its internal processing in high-res. You can check this via a terminal emulator, or via adb on your computer (adb shell dumpsys media.audio_flinger while audio is playing on the device).

Andre

Archived