add rename functionality

Js78955

Poweramp is not designed to be a fully featured file manager with file copy/move/rename/etc features, it is a music player. There is a delete function to make it easier to remove obsolete audio tracks as you listen to them (e.g. podcasts) but otherwise file management tasks should really be done in a File Manager app.  

Andre

actually while lisening i find some wrong names and tags so it would be great to change name inside rather than going to  file manager and searching for the file and renaming and then Poweramp takes time to refresh songs renamed

• 1 year later...

This topic should be moved to the Feature request forum.

I agree with Andre, PA is not a file manager, however I lean more towards the idea of renaming song display TITLE just for display which should have NO effect on the original metadata tag or original filename.

Two good use case scenarios for this would be:

1. International language characters (think songs with Arabic, Chinese or Japanese characters Unicode) of a recently downloaded song to the device
  2. Casting Poweramp to a big screen with an audience of people (example; house party) and wanting to quickly rename on the fly just for the PA database without affecting the original filename or original metadata.

Rename functionality in PA is already present with Playlists along with basic metadata tag editing both of which are distinct.

Archived